Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: press-on lens shade for 203mm Ektar?

press-on lens shade for 203mm Ektar?

I'm sure someone here will have an answer: I'm looking to get one of those press-on Kodak "Series" adapters that will allow me to fit a lens shade on my 203mm f7.7 Ektar lens. If you have one of these lenses yourself, you know it doesn't have a threaded front mount, so a press-on adapter is required. I've seen conflicting information about exactly which one is correct, but most suggest its a Series VI, 33mm (1&5/16) adapter. Yes?
    Can anyone tell me please, exactly which Series adapter I'm needing for this task? Thanks very much.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: press-on lens shade for 203mm Ektar?

I don’t have that exact lens but several similar. You need series filter SLIP-ON adapter. You’ll also need a retaining ring or hood to retain the series filters. My profound suggestion is that you sent an email to Tim at FilterFind.com, tell him what you have and want… he’ll hook you up appropriately. Not only does he have a large stick of adapters and filters, but he’s a terrific human being, has good prices, and ships super fast. Series VI sounds about right to me.

Note: measure the OD with a ruler. Getting exact size is good but the SO adapters are adjustable plus/minus .5mm, or maybe even a bit more. If adjusting, use needle-nose pliers and adjust slow as too much bending can work harden the aluminum and tabs might break.

timrice@pair.com

http://filterfind.net/

Small town, South Carolina, US

You can measure in inches the outside diameter of the lens and search on e-bay for a slip on series adapter for that size. I just recently did that. I then converted the adapter to use 67mm filters by gluing on a suitable adapter (step up ring) using JB Weld.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I don’t have that exact lens but several similar. You need series filter SLIP-ON adapter. You’ll also need a retaining ring or hood to retain the series filters. My profound suggestion is that you sent an email to Tim at FilterFind.com, tell him what you have and want… he’ll hook you up appropriately. Not only does he have a large stick of adapters and filters, but he’s a terrific human being, has good prices, and ships super fast. Series VI sounds about right to me.

Note: measure the OD with a ruler. Getting exact size is good but the SO adapters are adjustable plus/minus .5mm, or maybe even a bit more. If adjusting, use needle-nose pliers and adjust slow as too much bending can work harden the aluminum and tabs might break.

timrice@pair.com

http://filterfind.net/
    Thanks, I have found what I need!

Quote Originally Posted by rfesk View Post
    You can measure in inches the outside diameter of the lens and search on e-bay for a slip on series adapter for that size. I just recently did that. I then converted the adapter to use 67mm filters by gluing on a suitable adapter (step up ring) using JB Weld.
    Did that, found the right adapter at Blue Moon, and purchased it. Thanks!

Photographer

The 203 Ektar takes a Series VI-33 mm press on adapter.
    Keith Pitman

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    The 203 Ektar takes a Series VI-33 mm press on adapter.
    Thanks, Keith - that's exactly what I just bought.

BrianShaw, thanks for mentioning FilterFind. Looks to be a very useful resource. And paulbarden, enjoy your 203/7.7 Ektar. It's a fine lens and I should have kept mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    paulbarden, enjoy your 203/7.7 Ektar. It's a fine lens and I should have kept mine.
    Oh, I know! I've had it for several years, but I've never bothered to source a filter/shade adapter for it before now.

Small town, South Carolina, US

I purchased a 43mm to 67mm filter adapter to glue on my Series 6 ring.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Well I guess I won’t write what I was going to write: the best part of Series VI is that there is a huge amount of filters still available, and not very expensive. More than any other series size it seems.