Thread: Sinar F2 and lens board adapter for it

Sinar F2 and lens board adapter for it

Hi,

I'm considering buying Sinar F2, to be more specific, this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/174848902809

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 12.04.22 AM.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	217743

And Apo-Sironar-N 150mm F5.6 similar to this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/402989570438

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 12.03.23 AM.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	217744

But I'm somewhat worried if the lensboard will match the lens board adapter on Sinar.
    I'm new to LF and this may be totally wrong, but to me, it makes sense for the lens board adapter to have a recessed part because it would be more light tight?
    Essentially I'm worried about potential light leaks.
    If those two are not matching, can you please tell me what kind of sinar-to-smaller-lens-board adapter should I look for?
    Are Linhof-style lens boards ok to use with this kind of adapter, it seems to me that them being off-center might be a problem?

Thanks!

Re: Sinar F2 and lens board adapter for it

From the looks of it, the adapter on that Sinar is for Technika boards, while the lens you show is mounted on a Horseman field board. If you want to buy those particular items, you have three options:

* buy a Sinar-to-Horseman field adapter and set aside the adapter board supplied with the camera
    * buy a Technika-type board and re-mount the lens
    * buy a Sinar-type board, re-mount the lens and set aside the adapter board supplied with the camera

The latter two options will be less expensive.

EDIT: Don't worry about light leaks. I have both Sinar-to-Technika and Sinar-to-Horseman field adapters - in each case, the smaller boards mate with the opening on the adapter in a way that produces an effective seal.

Re: Sinar F2 and lens board adapter for it

This looks like a good deal, you should love this camera, it made me some good money in the 80's doing interiors and exteriors.
    I have always mounted my lens on sinar boards because they fit many other outfits such as a Wista 8x10 I used for twenty years.
    I would take Orens number three option and run with it.

Also, I am very pro sinar, I bought my first F in 1979 and finished building a somewhat complete system the Sinar C, Sinar P by the late '90s in 3 formats.