Thread: 5x7 Deardorff lensboard

5x7 Deardorff lensboard

What size are the lens boards for the above camera
    Thanks in advance!!
    Peter

Re: 5x7 Deardorff lensboard

Pretty sure the lensboard size changed once or twice over the years. Mine (1937) take 4.5" x 4.5" boards with rounded corners. The Deardorff catalog reproduced over at Cameraeccentric says 4x4, and I think they took 4.5 x4.5 boards with square corners at one point as well.
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

Eric Woodbury

I had an aluminum adapter machined that fits where the lensboard goes and accepts the semi-standard Linhof / Technica / Wista. You wouldn't even know it is there and uses the Deardorff slider / retainer. Then use any lens on any camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Storer View Post
    Pretty sure the lensboard size changed once or twice over the years. Mine (1937) take 4.5" x 4.5" boards with rounded corners. The Deardorff catalog reproduced over at Cameraeccentric says 4x4, and I think they took 4.5 x4.5 boards with square corners at one point as well.
    Yes. You will need to know the actual Deardorff to know that. I have a variety of board and adapters in both sizes, though my camera takes 4x4" which I've standardized on. Let me know if you need specifics on the larger size and I'll see what I have. As you may know, the 4x5 Special is the very same camera though I can't say for certain it was offered with both size boards.

Mine is a late 1920's 5x7 Deardorff and takes square 4 1/2 lensboards

I have sold the camera and the new owner overseas wanted to get the proper size. Mine definitely has the rounded corners..thanks everyone!!