Thread: Super specific question - fan compatibility on Beseler 45S computers and non-computer

Super specific question - fan compatibility on Beseler 45S computers and non-computer

I have two non-working 45S dichro computer type heads. I found a 45S non-computer that works aside from the cooling fan being dead. Does anyone know if the parts are compatible?

I feel like the info is definitely out there but my web search skills have failed me here. I appreciate the help!

Re: Super specific question - fan compatibility on Beseler 45S computers and non-comp

I would compare the fans, to see if they're the same. That may be likely.

If that's the case, then it's probably a simple matter to replace one with another. Check the fans of each for any written information (i.e. model number, voltage, etc.) to see how the fans compare.

But even if you can replace the fan in the 45s, there's a possibility that the enlarger will not operate properly. I purchased one, and the electronics were defective.

Good luck with your project. I was able to come up with a work-around on mine, it's been an excellent enlarger ever since.

Re: Super specific question - fan compatibility on Beseler 45S computers and non-comp

I got it figured out and sadly they can’t be swapped. See reference photos below.

Non-computer 45S version:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33DE2885-D992-4BAC-BE6F-915CF8AE9351.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	217397

Computer version:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8CEE455B-CCD2-4E74-B6D4-5687443E293F.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	217398

I don't have any experience with this head. Typically cooling fans are a part that was originally ordered from some OEM manufacturer (the second one is labeled as such). Go to an electronics supplier like mouser.com and try to find a fan that matches in dimensions and supply voltage. Mouser currently has 2800 different DC fans in stock, there's probably one that would fit.