Hi all,

I've been shooting 4x5 for a number of years now and I absolutely love it, however, I'd like to make the jump to shooting larger negatives. After seriously considering going the 8x10 route, I found that a 5x7 might very well be my ideal camera, especially in terms of size, cost of film, and level of detail rendered. Since I'm fairly undereducated with all things 5x7, what are some things I should consider before purchasing a 5x7 camera? Can you guys recommend some quality 5x7 cameras that cost under $3K that will last for, say, a lifetime?

If it helps, I'm primarily a landscape/architectural photographer who uses color negative and transparency almost exclusively. The 4x5 camera I currently use is a Linhof Technikardan 45S. That said, it'd be nice if my potential future 5x7 camera would accept the Linhof-style lens boards that are used with my LF lenses. While I don't drum scan, I use my Sony a7R IV to pixel-shift "scan" my 4x5 negatives in 3 passes (in 3rds) and stich the 3 pixel-shifted files together in Photoshop, creating one massive 2gb "scanned" negative file that, in my humble opinion, rivals a drum scan. I'd likely be doing the same with any 5x7 negatives.

Many thanks!