Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: dev.a automatic film processor

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,409

    dev.a automatic film processor

    This looks like the latest entrant into the slick design processor space. Kind of like the most recent rotary version of the Filmomat. Does up to 8x10 apparently. I donít get it, but kudos to people like this who make cool things. I think itís something like 4,500 euros, whatever that works out to in dollars these days.

    https://analogico.adel2000.it/

  2. #2
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,116

    Re: dev.a automatic film processor

    5,348.83 United States Dollars

    I prefer Johnny Cash - One Piece At A Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    This looks like the latest entrant into the slick design processor space. Kind of like the most recent rotary version of the Filmomat. Does up to 8x10 apparently. I donít get it, but kudos to people like this who make cool things. I think itís something like 4,500 euros, whatever that works out to in dollars these days.

    https://analogico.adel2000.it/
    Tin Can

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,409

    Re: dev.a automatic film processor

    For that kind of money I think you’re a lot better off with a Jobo. Obviously the Jobo isn’t automatic and isn’t a nifty piece of tech you’d show off in your living room, but the big thing (when I think about processors) is that the Jobo Expert drums have proven themselves when it comes to development uniformity. With these other machines, it always seems to me like all of the effort goes into the programming, necessarily complicated fluid management, pumps and stuff, and nobody thinks about the actual development dynamics/kinetics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    5,348.83 United States Dollars

    I prefer Johnny Cash - One Piece At A Time

  4. #4
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,116

    Re: dev.a automatic film processor

    I automatically select 1 of 3 developing method possible in my DR

    Cans for roll film and 2X3 sheet, easiest is 2X3 sheet film in a can

    Gas Burst Tanks up to 8X10, 16- 4X5 possible

    Bigger, one at a time in tray
    Tin Can

  5. #5
    ic-racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: dev.a automatic film processor

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    ... it always seems to me like all of the effort goes into the programming, necessarily complicated fluid management, pumps and stuff, and nobody thinks about the actual development dynamics/kinetics.
    I have the same thoughts when I see these new processors. Like were are the testing results showing even development of a sheet of 8x10 B&W film. No matter the process, dip and dunk, gas burst, trays, or Expert Drum, it is all about even development.

  6. #6
    norly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    78

    Re: dev.a automatic film processor

    I asked Catlabs if the jobo expert drums was supported, or if they would develop something similar for sheet film. I got this:

    "The Dev.a is not an ideal sheet film processing machine. Limited quantities of sheet films can be run, but for any level of high volume processing of sheet films, a different machine would be more suitable."

    I thought it might be of intreas in this thread as well.
    -----------------
    4x5 and 6x6 stuff

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Northern Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    57

    Re: dev.a automatic film processor

    Not much mention of the now defunct Imagemaker. King Concept Imagemaker Model 1 is the one that I owned. A fully automatic, one shot processor. Load it push the button and walk away. It had program drums (like a music box) Sixteen micro switches. The Model 2 had bar code cards. Then the Enterprise model was their last entry. Like all machines they had their issues. Roger King said that "Corporate Raiders" was the reason that they went out of business.
    What's interesting, is how closely the newer machines copy the Image Maker but do not include the heated drying cabinet, which keeps the drum warm. The reel holding the six or eight 4x5 sheets has been copied. There is a plastic coated wire cage for 8x10 sheets. I believe it came out in the sixties or early seventies. . I used it for E-6, C-41, B/W and E-4 (Photomicrographic film was not E-6 compatible yet). I still have the drums, lids and reels. Put them on a Uniroller base. bk

  8. #8

    Re: dev.a automatic film processor

    BKp - Just seeing this post from a search. We have Enterprise processors still working.. great machines. If you have parts id be interested in them, LMK. Also run a wing-lynch 5 machine


    Quote Originally Posted by BKP View Post
    Not much mention of the now defunct Imagemaker. King Concept Imagemaker Model 1 is the one that I owned. A fully automatic, one shot processor. Load it push the button and walk away. It had program drums (like a music box) Sixteen micro switches. The Model 2 had bar code cards. Then the Enterprise model was their last entry. Like all machines they had their issues. Roger King said that "Corporate Raiders" was the reason that they went out of business.
    What's interesting, is how closely the newer machines copy the Image Maker but do not include the heated drying cabinet, which keeps the drum warm. The reel holding the six or eight 4x5 sheets has been copied. There is a plastic coated wire cage for 8x10 sheets. I believe it came out in the sixties or early seventies. . I used it for E-6, C-41, B/W and E-4 (Photomicrographic film was not E-6 compatible yet). I still have the drums, lids and reels. Put them on a Uniroller base. bk

  9. #9
    bob carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario,
    Posts
    4,798

    Re: dev.a automatic film processor

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    For that kind of money I think youíre a lot better off with a Jobo. Obviously the Jobo isnít automatic and isnít a nifty piece of tech youíd show off in your living room, but the big thing (when I think about processors) is that the Jobo Expert drums have proven themselves when it comes to development uniformity. With these other machines, it always seems to me like all of the effort goes into the programming, necessarily complicated fluid management, pumps and stuff, and nobody thinks about the actual development dynamics/kinetics.
    I am in the middle of a large film run now, I can do 5 sheets of 8 x 10 , or 10 sheets of 4 x 5 at a time using our Jobo cpp3 and expert drums, this is good for us, it looks like this machine can do one sheet at a time. The top looks open face and wondering if one uses the old hangers and go into complete darkness one could not do a dip and dunk with this unit, I would then like the possibilities of this machine.

  10. #10

    Re: dev.a automatic film processor

    If I had the big dr5 machine running, I could run 8x10 all day continuous, but thats a D&D machine. The enterprise can do 2 810s at a time, 20 4x5s at a time in the big drum and up to 20x24. The winglynch is a little less volume capable for LF but the uniformity is superior to any drum I have seen.



    Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    I am in the middle of a large film run now, I can do 5 sheets of 8 x 10 , or 10 sheets of 4 x 5 at a time using our Jobo cpp3 and expert drums, this is good for us, it looks like this machine can do one sheet at a time. The top looks open face and wondering if one uses the old hangers and go into complete darkness one could not do a dip and dunk with this unit, I would then like the possibilities of this machine.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8-Sep-2020, 16:39
  2. Regarding purchasing Automatic film processor
    By muhco3 in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-Apr-2020, 12:43

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •