Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JOBO ATL 3 or a CPP

Re: JOBO ATL 3 or a CPP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 5.31.02 PM.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	223805

This is the problem for the Dev.a - 3 sheets of 4x5 and 1 sheet of 8x10 at a time - way too much time even if automated if these are anything other than occasional formats. For 120 it's a serious contender.

Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    Wise words. I think E6 and C41 don't make a lot of sense to do oneself - too likely to make a mistake, have old chemicals, have the machine breakdown etc. B&W is a different matter - you don't really need a Jobo for it but it sure makes developing film less messy and more repeatable. I develop all ULF (above 8x10) in trays which works well enough - it really doesn't make sense to use a Jobo tube because you can only develop one or two sheets at a time and the chances of getting a rub mark from a rib in the tube is not zero. 8x10 makes more sense at 5 at a time with the Expert Drum and 4x5 is the real sweet spot with 10 sheets at a time. If Jobo could find a way to do 10 sheets of 8x10 at a time I would be in heaven!
    Yeah, I mean it's self serving but basically I agree. C41 and E6 are best done at a lab because we're maintaining our chemicals using control strips. It's just also not that expensive to do 'process only'. I have to charge more than shops that have a dip and dunk set up. Even running 2 Jobo ATL machines with multiple expert drums runs into the bottleneck of dryer space. Eventually we're going to get a Colenta roller transport machine for C41. The new ones are pretty amazing and can do dry to dry from 35mm to 8x10.

Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 5.31.02 PM.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	223805

This is the problem for the Dev.a - 3 sheets of 4x5 and 1 sheet of 8x10 at a time - way too much time even if automated if these are anything other than occasional formats. For 120 it's a serious contender.
    Actually, you can process up to two sheets of 8X10 on the Dev.a at a time and up to 8 sheets of 4X5 at a time. It is possible that a 3 sheet 8X10 reel might be in the cards.... with enough demand?

So, what did you decide? After a very disappointed eBay purchase of a used CPE-2 processor I just purchased a brand new CPE-3 from Catlabs and eagerly wait it’s delivery.

I owned the ATL-2000 and I’m glad that I no longer do as I’m now hearing a lot about them now reaching their end-of-life. And there’s a strong possibility that when something goes wrong and you can’t fix it yourself you need to ship the entire unit and that’s via freigh. Here’s a quick clip of what was mine,