Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lens board adapters thread

Lens board adapters thread

I am planning to build an adapter to use my mpp board mounted lenses on different cameras.

Show yours, your ideas, doubts, materials, success, fails...

Re: Lens board adapters thread

Which MPP board type? MPP VII boards are on the thick side, but comparatively small, so it should be simple enough since the MPP boards have a stepped rear.

I've got a shim that lets me put a Linhof/Wista style board on the MPP, but I don't use it much - the MPP is mostly used with one lens. Most of my lenses use Wista type boards.

This is exactly what I've done with my 13x18 travel camera ... built an adaptor to take my MPP lens boards
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0544-THE-OIL-CITY-MACHINE.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	216646

Name:	20210612_051725957_iOS.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	216647
    It even takes the brute of my lens collection

Name:	C7041AE2-353F-4669-808F-9B3F15C8C3ED.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	216648

I'm sitting down today to put together the video of how I went about making it on my YouTube channel (it will probably be up tonight)

I don't see any major reason why a similar adaptor couldn't be built onto any larger lens board than the MPP

I don't have pictures . . .sorry.

I have a commercially made lens board for my 8x10 Kodask 2D that is an adapter to take the Toyo/Linhoff/Wista type lens boards that fit my Wista-made Zone VI 4x5.

This allows me to switch a 210mm from the 4x5 to the 8x10. I think I've used a 150mm on the 2D when doing some macro shots.

I bought it at a camera show in the early 2K years and don't know anything about it.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Patterson View Post
    Which MPP board type? MPP VII boards are on the thick side, but comparatively small, so it should be simple enough since the MPP boards have a stepped rear.

I've got a shim that lets me put a Linhof/Wista style board on the MPP, but I don't use it much - the MPP is mostly used with one lens. Most of my lenses use Wista type boards.
    Mine is Micro Technical Mark VIII.
    I have 3 original boards but the most lenses are mounted in homemade boards. I make them from dm with glued natural calibrated cork rails.

Took me a while to realize using Linhof Technika lens boards for as many lenses as possible was a good start

Then move up to SINAR lens boards for big glass

and get a Technica to SINAR adapter right away

Then 8X8" RC to fit more, they will fit square corner too...sometimes

Of course there are so many variations it boggles

My baseline is Technical
    Tin Can

In the years before I divested of all things Linhof, I made my own adapter board for my Deardorff 8X10 to take Technika lens boards. Some other photographers and dealers thought this was insane There were no inexpensive clones of Technika boards at that time. I had always maintained a TRF Graphic from the time I first started working in 4X5 and the Pacemaker Graphic board always seemed more practical and cost-effective than the Technika board, so when I standardized on Toyo view cameras, it made sense to put all my lenses that would fit on Graphic boards. The very largest went into Toyo view boards. I could not use those on 4x5 Graphics in any case. The 4X5 TRF Crown can mount and cam-couple to lenses as short as 58mm, so no recessed board is required. The well-made Toyo Graphic adapter boards are plentiful and inexpensive and are available in both flat and recessed designs. I have described in other posts how I use these Graphic-mounted lenses on Beseler enlargers for both printing and vertical copy camera.

Hmm. Not quite LF, but on the other hand, why not report on it? I used 2x3 Pacemaker Graphics for years, ended up with way too many lenses mounted on 2x3 Pacemaker Graphic boards. After I was given a Cambo SC-1 (2x3 size SC) I sacrificed a spare 2x3 Pacemaker Graphic standard and a Cambo SF631 board (SC-1 board bored for Compur/Copal #1 shutter) and had S. K. Grimes mate the two. So now I can use all of my lenses that fit my Graphics on the Cambo.

Lenses bought since then that will fit Graphic boards are on them. 2x3 Pacemaker Graphic boards are much less expensive and much much easier to find than small Cambo boards.

Today I've done this...

Saw, razor blades, Cork, glue, autoadhesive dark felt.

Pending is the locking system. By now I'd use rubber bands.

Locking system approach. Springs made from brass sheet.

Last edited by afotandolaciudad; 16-Jun-2021 at 02:39.