Thread: Large Format Photographers near Spokane, WA?

Large Format Photographers near Spokane, WA?

Hey all -

Anyone near the Spokane area that is a 4x5 LF photographer? Anyone in Spokane an Ebony user? I'm trying to do as much research as I can before I purchase a 45SU. I'm coming from a Mamiya RZ 67 II system, so movements and bellows will be obviously new things for me.

I've read the Steve Simmons book, the AA book (the camera), and Jack Dykinga's book. However, I have not had my hands on a LF camera.

If anyone is near here, perhaps we could arrange a day in the next few months to go shooting, or at least perhaps maybe a little hands on with a 4x5 (or larger?) camera?

I appreciate anyone who's taken the time to read this.

Danny B. - Wish I would have listened to you earlier and got a 4x5, so you can say "I told you so"

Initially, I'll shoot on rollfilm with a 6x9 back. This is to make as much use out of the Nikon Coolscan 9000 I invested in last year.

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this.

Cheers!

Ben Chase

www.benchasephoto.com

Large Format Photographers near Spokane, WA?

Hi Ben-

I live down in Moscow, ID, which I suppose is 'near' Spokane by E. WA standards. Right now I'm using a relatively new Cambo 45N monorail. It's a far cry from a 45SU, but the basic view camera movements are of course similar. I made the switch to large format only recently myself (from a 35mm SLR), and have had to teach myself how to use it. Not a bad way to spend the winter months! I'd be happy to meet up on a weekend at some point... send me an email and we can go from there. Take care!

Kerey

www.kerey.com
    Kerey K Barnowe-Meyer
    www.kerey.com

Re: Large Format Photographers near Spokane, WA?

I don't live in Spokane any more but I go back once a month. My daughter still lives there. I always bring my gear. I'll be going up next week. I shoot 8x10 (mostly). and have a couple of 4x5's I could bring.
    Let me know.

I am in Seattle and use an Ebony SV810E. I am planning to do some shooting in the Palouse in the middle of June, so maybe that would be a time to get together. Being from Spokane, you probably know the areas better. Am looking for rolling hills, barns, etc.

Hopefully by that time, my SLW810 will be finished and delivered.

There are a bunch of LF'ers in the Boise, ID area. If you are down here anytime, please drop me a line.