Thread: Wisner Technical Field 11x14 Lensboards

Wisner Technical Field 11x14 Lensboards

Any Wisner 11x14 camera users in the group?

Trying to figure out the correct Lensboards dimensions for the camera as mine came without any.

Old manuals show it's 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" but based on my actual measurements it's 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" unsure as well of the rebate dimensions for the light traps.

Any experiences and leads would help.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Re: Wisner Technical Field 11x14 Lensboards

I keep a small stock of Hobby Wood like this, their 8X8" plywood lets me make my own

I also have a few large hole saws that worked well with this exact drill press

However you need experience and safety knowledge

Do not use a 'fly cutter'

I bought the drill press 7 years ago for $120

Every time I need a new size, I just buy it

Of course zimba1 can make any lens board very cheaply and quick. I buy many from him and have met him twice

https://www.ebay.com/usr/zbima1?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
    Tin Can

The "large" Wisner lens boards are nominally 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". Wisner made no larger.
    Don't ask me how I know!

If your camera truly measures differently, you might want to get a second opinion.
    Randy's suggestion of Zbima1 is spot-on. Zbima1 makes awesome lensboards and for a reasonable price.

Wisner did make a few camera that took a Sinar lens board.
    Richard T Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRitter View Post
    Wisner did make a few camera that took a Sinar lens board.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Whitaker View Post
    The "large" Wisner lens boards are nominally 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". Wisner made no larger.
    Don't ask me how I know!
    I'm sorry Richard. I didn't mean to speak out of turn. If anyone should know, it's you. And, too, in conversation at one time, Ron Wisner explained to me that his choice of a 5 1/4" lensboard size was based on the assumption that the largest shutter size anyone would use would be an Ilex 5 or a Copal 3. As it turns out, that assumption was misguided with the result that I have had to have one of my cameras, a Wisner, modified to accept larger lensboards that can accommodate both the lenses I want to use for that format and to allow the use of an appropriately-sized Packard shutter.
    Long story...

My DIY 14x17 will use Cambo 8x10 rear frame as front frame so any lens can fit.

I have the parts

Front bellows is 10x10

Quote Originally Posted by William Whitaker View Post
    I'm sorry Richard. I didn't mean to speak out of turn. If anyone should know, it's you. And, too, in conversation at one time, Ron Wisner explained to me that his choice of a 5 1/4" lensboard size was based on the assumption that the largest shutter size anyone would use would be an Ilex 5 or a Copal 3. As it turns out, that assumption was misguided with the result that I have had to have one of my cameras, a Wisner, modified to accept larger lensboards that can accommodate both the lenses I want to use for that format and to allow the use of an appropriately-sized Packard shutter.
    Long story...
    Tin Can