Page 21 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital IR

Re: Digital IR

Thanks, Guys. I don't think that house is lived in. It's in the front yard of a much newer (and lived in) house. The people there are basically using the old house as a lawn ornament.

With Covid, we take drives to get out of the house, and I'm trying to cover as many of the local backroads as I can. Zooming in on Google maps and looking searching the area for attractions has lead to some interesting finds.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    Thanks!

I was just looking at your Flickr gallery. Ran across the Dennis Ritchie / Hello World image. Brings back memories. I had the first edition of the book. Then the second edition. It was my bible for many years. I did a lot of C programming, as well as assembler. The old DEC Rainbow 100. CP/M. Pre-MSDOS. Then Texas Instruments Unix systems and their IBM-PC clone. A bit hard to compile that hello world program on the typewriter!
    Okay, that's cool. I think programming in C today is like programming in assembler back before OOP. I've put some inline 80286 assembly in some C-source on occasion. I have two copies of Ritchie's book. One in nice shape and one with a lot wear and tear. In retrospect, I should have used that book in the picture instead.

I also took that Hello World picture on Provia 100F. But I made a mistake loading the film while developing it and got a light leak streak on it. It was in better overall focus than the BW for some reason. I must have made a change and forgot to recheck the focus setup on the BW.

“You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

Shot with a Sony DSC-V1 camera

Infrared by T. Chabry, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post

A couple of real nice ones Peter!

I really like the second one. Sky, barn, fence, the whole thing!

The plane makes the first image. Which brings up a story.

My daughter was a crew chief for the F16 jets in the Air Force. She would take them apart and put them back together. She spent at least one rotation in Iraq. Anyway, when she got out, she got a job at a small airport in Iowa. Her job was to rehab airplanes like the one in your photo. She would take the fabric off the plane, use it as a template, cut a new skin, and sew it together. It then got put back on the plane and 'doped' with glue. Finally, the plane was repainted. Good as new.

After a couple of years of that, she went back to school and got a nursing degree! She has been working as a nurse for about ten years now.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Chabry View Post

Nice image! The reflection really makes it!

Thanks, Jon. Terrific story!

Thank you Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    I really like the second one. Sky, barn, fence, the whole thing!
    Me too. Wow! I didn't have much interest in digital IR photos but when I see one like this, it makes me want to get the camera out again.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Chabry View Post

Nice image. What kind of camera and filter are you using?

Thanks. The camera is the Sony DSC-V1 with the magnet hack for daylight shooting as explained here:
    https://kiwiinkyushu.wordpress.com/2...d-magnet-hack/

I'm not sure about the filters, it has been a while but I think I used a Massa IR filter 850 and a K&F Concept ND8.