Page 111 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1174

Thread: Digital IR

  1. #1101

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    212

    Re: Digital IR

    Back to black and white, the color techniques don't seem to work well with a B+W 093 filter.
    M8 50 collapsible Summicron
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lyme hill 8-2022IR.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	229810

  2. #1102

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    1,853

    Re: Digital IR

    Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    Love the composition here, Jon!
    Thank you Darlene!

  3. #1103

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    1,853

    Re: Digital IR

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Monego View Post
    Back to black and white, the color techniques don't seem to work well with a B+W 093 filter.
    M8 50 collapsible Summicron
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lyme hill 8-2022IR.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	229810
    I'm not familiar with the B+W 093 filter. Do you know the nanometer equivalent of that filter?

    My recent color work has been with a 680nm filter (close to LifePixel's Enhanced Color filter) on my full spectrum camera. I have a set of Zomei filters for each lens that I use. 680, 720, 760, 850, and 950nm. The cost of the set is based on the size of the filter. The most expensive was about $50.00 for 82mm. When I go out to shoot, I decide what lens and filter I want to use for the day, and put it on the camera before I leave home. That keeps things simple.

  4. #1104

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    212

    Re: Digital IR

    Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    I'm not familiar with the B+W 093 filter. Do you know the nanometer equivalent of that filter?

    My recent color work has been with a 680nm filter (close to LifePixel's Enhanced Color filter) on my full spectrum camera. I have a set of Zomei filters for each lens that I use. 680, 720, 760, 850, and 950nm. The cost of the set is based on the size of the filter. The most expensive was about $50.00 for 82mm. When I go out to shoot, I decide what lens and filter I want to use for the day, and put it on the camera before I leave home. That keeps things simple.
    I believe it is either 820 or 830nm. I have a couple of 850nm filters and they take a couple of stops more exposure, so I figure they are pushing the M8 sensor. The 093 only takes one stop more exposure than a 720nm filter.

  5. #1105

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    1,853

    Re: Digital IR

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Monego View Post
    I believe it is either 820 or 830nm. I have a couple of 850nm filters and they take a couple of stops more exposure, so I figure they are pushing the M8 sensor. The 093 only takes one stop more exposure than a 720nm filter.
    Okay, at 830nm you should not get any color at all. At that point, you should only get black and white IR. So, no color effects are possible. For color work you have to use the 720nm filter.

  6. #1106

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    212

    Re: Digital IR

    That is what I have found out. My work with Kodak High Speed Infrared was with a Wratten 87C, so I am used to infrared b&w, never got into the color IR film.
    Thanks

  7. #1107

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    1,853

    Re: Digital IR


  8. #1108

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    1,853

    Re: Digital IR


  9. #1109
    Peter De Smidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Fond du Lac, WI, USA
    Posts
    8,511

    Re: Digital IR

    Good work, Jon!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

  10. #1110

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    1,853

    Re: Digital IR

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Good work, Jon!
    Thanks Peter!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 8-Mar-2013, 12:15
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 5-Jan-2013, 10:18

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •