Page 67 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital IR

Re: Digital IR

I shoot a lot of Rollei IR in 4x5 and 120. Lovely stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Doesn't Rollei have a true InfraRed film?
    Its not a "true infrared" film, its an extended red sensitivity film. All of the "true IR'" films have been discontinued.
    The Rollei film is good enough, since its about as good as it gets in modern films, but its a poor substitute for Kodak HIE.

Ari,

Good photo of the church!

I just had a problem with the latest Lighroom update. All of a sudden it said my cataloque was bad. It's not. (I checked backups) It turns out if I reverted to the previous version, everything was fine. I don't know if that'll work for you, but maybe. I'd never had problems with Adobe products before, and so I'm not sure what the problem is. My guess is some sort of issue with video drivers, but....? I hope you figure it out

BTW, I've use a lot of IR film. I really liked Konica IR in 120mm. But I'm not really a fan of the current IR films, and I like being to adjust the IR effect to taste, which I can do with digital. Anyway, it's great that we have all of these options!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Wonderful work, everyone. Good to see a lively digital IR forum!
    I've been having lots of trouble with my LR and PS software, so I haven't produced much of anything IR.
    My presets will randomly disappear in LR, both programs will quit, and every task in LR is followed by a spinning color wheel, effectively de-railing any fine adjustments.
    I just went full RAM (32Gb) and upped the HD to an SSD, so the computer fan has no reason to run non-stop in PS or LR.
    So here's a photo I made last week, processing was incredibly frustrating thanks to the above problems.

Sony A7r, Tamron 35mm, 720nm.

Nice image Ari!

Too bad about the software problems.

I've been using Photoshop CC for only a few months. Ever since I got the D810. So not too much experience with it. I'm coming from CS5.

I did start with LR Classic when I started using CC, but I found I could use ACR and Photoshop instead. That way my workflow went back to what I was familiar with. I did not need the LR catalogs, etc.

Hopefully you get it all figured out!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Ari,

Good photo of the church!

I just had a problem with the latest Lighroom update. All of a sudden it said my cataloque was bad. It's not. (I checked backups) It turns out if I reverted to the previous version, everything was fine. I don't know if that'll work for you, but maybe. I'd never had problems with Adobe products before, and so I'm not sure what the problem is. My guess is some sort of issue with video drivers, but....? I hope you figure it out
    Thanks, Peter.
    I'm using LR Classic 9.4, which others have found to be quite buggy. I suspect it's a video card problem, but there are so many bad things going on, it's hard to narrow it down.
    Serves me right for buying Adobe Suite in a back-alley from a guy wearing a trench coat.
    I'll probably delete my entire HD and do a clean install, this time with an earlier LR. I really like PS 2021, and will try to keep it.

Never liked Lightroom at all

Love every improvement to PS by subscription

Today they sent a confusing upgrade notice for Rush, which works well for me

"
    Adobe
    Dear Not,

In the coming week your Adobe Premiere Rush or Adobe Premiere Pro membership will start to include the premium version of Adobe Photoshop Express. Your Premiere Rush or Premiere Pro plan remains the same price even with the addition of this new application. ..."
    Tin Can

I use Rush to edit my class videos. It does everything I need.

I like using local adjustments in Lightroom Classis. I use a lot of gradient adjustments. It's the closest digital work flow to how I print when using an optical enlarger,,,dodge a bit here, burn in here.....
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

Perhaps I will try LR again if I can avoid the insane file system

I prefer to save to my own folders

I see I can now add PS to my iPad with my $10 Adobe subscription
    Tin Can

On my hard drive, I have a folder: Photos_2020. In it are three folders: captures, working, web. When I download a card, all the images go into a folder in the 'captures' folder, which are numbered and named. So, the first folder might be 1_Fondy_Lighthouse....Then I copy that folder to another drive. I never save over files in the 'capture' folder. Next, I import that captures folder into lightroom....make selections...and then start raw processing. When that's done, I 'edit in Photoshop'. When the file is in Photoshop, I save a tiff in a folder in the 'working' folder. When I'm done editing in PS, I downsize the file for the web, and that file is saved as a jpg in the 'web' folder. I don't use Lightroom for any file managment.

Good plan Peter!

I am bit less rigorous, but NOW file by year, month which is backed up online

Many of the images I post come as past surprises by Google

The big sculpture I posted today was shot 20 years ago in Venice Italy
    Tin Can