Page 41 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital IR

Re: Digital IR

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    I also ordered one of the variable Fotga filters. I did not order from their site, because shipping cost more than the filter. I ordered through ebay, and got free shipping. Anyway, I tested out something close to the Super Color 590nm and got this:

As I suspected, this variable filter is good for seeing what the effect will produce, but not so good optically. The center of this image if okay, but the edges fall apart. Anyway, this filter gives me a good idea of what to expect across the full range. With that information, I will then buy the optical quality filters I really like.
    Alas, this was my conclusion as well. Fortunately, I ordered mine from Amazon, so they -- I bought two sizes -- were quickly and easily returned.

Oh, and congrats on the camera purchase!
    JG

More of my photos can be seen at my photo-blog here: https://audiidudii.aminus3.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Audii-Dudii View Post
    Alas, this was my conclusion as well. Fortunately, I ordered mine from Amazon, so they -- I bought two sizes -- were quickly and easily returned.

Oh, and congrats on the camera purchase!
    I did not think of Amazon. Checked it out now. They did not have it in 82mm size anyway, so I could not have gotten it through them. The cost was not that much, so I was not that concerned with getting just one.

I'm looking at getting the high quality 590nm filter from either lifepixel or kolari. They are both about the same cost. I guess they are about the same quality? So, flip a coin?

Kolari is closer to me.....

If anyone is using a Sony FF camera (or even APS-C), there's a good lens available.
    I just got the new Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III lens, and it's a terrific IR lens.
    Very sharp, good contrast and best of all, no hotspots at any aperture.
    And it's $200 new.

Sony a6300, 830nm, f/4, 1/200s
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00089.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	218990

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    Nope! I have not seen these. I have the free version of the Nik Collection. When my Photoshop CC was upgraded last week it disappeared. I guess it was no longer compatible. To use control points as described in the videos I will have to buy the new version from DXO. Bummer!
    Well, I just realized that I still have Photoshop CS5 installed. It has the free Nik Collection plugin installed. So I loaded the D810 PSD file I created in CC into CS5 and tried the control point process. After a bit of fumbling around, here is what I got.

A lot easier than trying to use layers in photoshop! Still a bit of a learning curve. But, I got more out of the time I spent with the Nik Collection, than the time I spent trying to get something out of photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    If anyone is using a Sony FF camera (or even APS-C), there's a good lens available.
    I just got the new Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III lens, and it's a terrific IR lens.
    Very sharp, good contrast and best of all, no hotspots at any aperture.
    And it's $200 new.
    Thanks for sharing ... both the news about the lens, as well as the photo that was taken using it! 8^)
    JG

More of my photos can be seen at my photo-blog here: https://audiidudii.aminus3.com/

I took my FrankenKamera VII with the Minolta MD 24-35 mounted to a nearby park this afternoon, where I wandered around for about an hour taking photos.

Including this one, which I rather like:

JG

Nice perspective, Jeffrey.

I like this one, too!

JG

Quote Originally Posted by Audii-Dudii View Post
    I took my FrankenKamera VII with the Minolta MD 24-35 mounted to a nearby park this afternoon, where I wandered around for about an hour taking photos.

Including this one, which I rather like:

This one is way too cool!

Sony a6300, Sigma 16mm, 830nm