Page 54 of 129 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital IR

Re: Digital IR

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I am posting IR tips and articles in this image thread to learn myself and for others

I don't see anywhere else to post except the Lounge which I think is exactly the wrong place
    I think that is a good idea. One of the reasons I post my tests. It may help others starting out with digital infrared. I can also get feedback on better/alternate ways of doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    I'm annoyed at not being able to do all the processing in LR, but the PS workflow is getting a bit easier.
    I installed an update to Camera Raw, so at least I can apply lens profiles in PS along with the rest of the steps needed.
    After a stint in Viveza to get the skies looking ok, final tweaks are done in LR.
    Since starting the use of CC, my entry point has been Lightroom Classic. You can set the lens profile there under 'Lens Corrections'. If you create your own camera profile specific to your filter (ex: 720nm), you can load it there, which allows you to set a custom white balance. Then you can set a whole bunch of items that impact the look of the image. Right click the image, and you can select 'Edit in'. From there, you can go to Photoshop, or directly to Viveza.

About the only reason to go to Photoshop, is the channel mixer? To get the blue sky?

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    Since starting the use of CC, my entry point has been Lightroom Classic. You can set the lens profile there under 'Lens Corrections'. If you create your own camera profile specific to your filter (ex: 720nm), you can load it there, which allows you to set a custom white balance. Then you can set a whole bunch of items that impact the look of the image. Right click the image, and you can select 'Edit in'. From there, you can go to Photoshop, or directly to Viveza.

About the only reason to go to Photoshop, is the channel mixer? To get the blue sky?
    Right, Jon. For B&W, I had LR set up so it would apply most of the need changes upon import (lens profile, de-saturate, WB, etc), freeing me to apply finer corrections.
    PS is only for Channel Mixer and to apply the action I downloaded from that video I linked to earlier. I find it does a good job and it's automated, so things move quickly.
    Until LR comes up with a proper channel mixer, this is how it has to work.
    I wish there were a way to use a PS action in LR.

There is a work-around, but it's not as effective: https://www.keptlight.com/infrared-c...-lightroom-ii/

Two from today:

“You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Great images Peter!
    Tin Can

Thanks, Randy!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

These are nice images Peter! What is the story behind the images? The first one looks something like a barn. The second one looks like an old jetty on a lake/river.

The first is an old feed mill. I had to move quickly, as the mosquitos were awful! The next was a breakwater into Lake Michigan. I think they were meant to limit erosion.

Here's one more:

Nice image indeed, Peter.
    For those interested, Photoshop 2021 has a "Select Sky" button. I didn't know about this until now.
    Enormously helpful in many ways, and a godsend for color IR.

Great find Ari!