Page 57 of 129 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital IR

Re: Digital IR

Finally got some imaging issues sorted out. I was getting unusually strong cyan in all my skies, and an equally strong color cast in the rest of my images.
    And I discovered that the Tamron 24mm lens I use sometimes produces a color shift in the centre of the image.
    I created a preset based on an updated camera profile, and Isaac Szabo, the guy who did my camera conversion, sent me a PS action that covers channel swapping.
    These images have no adjustments made to them, just applying the camera preset, then doing a straightforward channel swap.
    Sony A7r, 720nm.

These look a lot better! I think there is still just a touch of cyan in the foliage. So little, I almost did not see it. I thought it was a very light grey cast at first. I'm splitting hairs here! Maybe someone else should comment on it first.

I like the cat ears in the second to the last image! Had to chuckle about that one.

Winter is coming
    Tin Can

Thanks, Jon. Does this mean you're getting no color cast outside the sky areas in your photos? Or does removing those take a bit of extra work?
    I didn't do anything else to these photos just to see what the presets were doing on their own.

My dog would be very disappointed if he knew he'd been mistaken for a cat. He'd still accept a treat or a raw steak from you, though.
    He's a Malamute/Collie mix and is, uh, not fond of cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Thanks, Jon. Does this mean you're getting no color cast outside the sky areas in your photos? Or does removing those take a bit of extra work?
    I didn't do anything else to these photos just to see what the presets were doing on their own.

My dog would be very disappointed if he knew he'd been mistaken for a cat. He'd still accept a treat or a raw steak from you, though.
    Many lenses have hot spots near the center of the image, varying in size due to aperture and size of the element itself causing the problem. These almost always have a specific color or hue that can be eliminated when processing in Camera Raw with the Color Mixer. However, if you are working with jpegs this color may already have been mixed with another color created by the camera processing software. What you might consider is correcting the hot spot in Camera Raw, then convert to jpeg for the rest of your processing.

The back of your dog's head does look a lot like that of a cat, but fortunately he will never have to know that!

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Many lenses have hot spots near the center of the image, varying in size due to aperture and size of the element itself causing the problem. These almost always have a specific color or hue that can be eliminated when processing in Camera Raw with the Color Mixer. However, if you are working with jpegs this color may already have been mixed with another color created by the camera processing software. What you might consider is correcting the hot spot in Camera Raw, then convert to jpeg for the rest of your processing.
    Sandy
    Thanks, Sandy. I only shoot in RAW, and the preset Isaac made for me also takes care of the color hotspot.
    I'll be trying a new Tamron lens next week, the 17-28. It is supposed to be hotspot-free, or just about.

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    The back of your dog's head does look a lot like that of a cat, but fortunately he will never have to know that!
    Good idea. I was going to say something, now I'll keep quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post

Sometimes I have to control areas in Viveza with their control point technology.

My apologies to your dog! I will never mention that word again!

“You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Good one
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Peter,

You water images in this region are spectacular. The IR look is very toned down, but transformative in scenes like this.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon