Page 127 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1283

Thread: Digital IR

Re: Digital IR

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    Interesting Peter! I don't think I've seen that plant before.
    Me neither, we inherited it with the house - apparently it can self seed and become a bit invasive in damp conditions but I think we will be okay. The hanging form of it is quite decorative.

Here's some Clematis Montana enjoying the sun.

Clematis

Bill

Infrared #24 by Bill, on Flickr

Infrared #23 by Bill, on Flickr

Infrared #22 by Bill, on Flickr

From the Bisti badlands in New Mexico. This location is brilliantly well suited to infrared if you are visiting at midday, though it's worth a visit anyway to see the petrified wood and dinosaur bones literally underfoot. Shot on an Olympus E-PL1, 760nm.

Very nice images! I can see why they call the area 'badlands'. I've read a number of stories by Tony Hillerman that referenced this area. Now, I know what he was talking about!

Bill

Thanks for the kind words Jon. Bisti is unlike anywhere else I have been - it really doesn't feel like earth anymore. The mounds in the second image are coal, some of which have been ignited by lightning and by burning turned from black to red. There are numerous intact petrified trees exposed, 10s of feet long, surrounded by the hoodoos of the first image. And there are no trails there so you are free to wander the entire area (a gps or a map and compass is mandatory).

Some images from the lower San Juan river.

Infrared #20 by Bill, on Flickr

Infrared #17 by Bill, on Flickr

Infrared #15 by Bill, on Flickr

Wonderful images Bill! Interesting information. I would like to visit the area.

I have visited the Badlands several times. I made the following images in the park during my last visit back in 2015. All of the images were made with an IR converted Sony a7r. The round image was made by combining two images, one in vertical orientation and the other in horizontal, a technic I learned from my friend San Wang.

Sandy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 26-BadlandClouds.jpg   31-BadlandsClouds-.jpg   29-Aspens..jpg  
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Terrific work, Sandy!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I have visited the Badlands several times. I made the following images in the park during my last visit back in 2015. All of the images were made with an IR converted Sony a7r. The round image was made by combining two images, one in vertical orientation and the other in horizontal, a technic I learned from my friend San Wang.

Sandy
    Very nice images Sandy! I never thought of that technique. I'll have to try it!

Thanks Jon and Peter for your comments re: the round images. In 2015 I made these images by mounting Sony E mount APS-C lens in a tripod socket that allowed rotating from vertical to horizontal position for two frames on a Sony a7r camera. It worked but was not very precise. Today this is much easier since there are several rotating collards available for Sony a7 type cameras that allow rotation for any lens mounted on the camera, or for fast switching from vertical to horizontal format.

Attached are a few more round shots I made from the trip to the South Dakota badlands. We were fortunate to have had very nice lighting and clouds most days of our stay there in late September.

Sandy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 55-BadlandsScenic.jpg   33-BadlandsCracked.jpg   64-SheepMushroom.jpg   49-SheepMtn.jpg   35-DrainLines.jpg  

For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

More great stuff, Sandy! I wasn't so lucky when I visited. The skies were mostly blank.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know