Thread: old jobo 2000 tank question

old jobo 2000 tank question

i got from a friend an old 2336 tank with 2 4x5 reels. he used a machine for development but I would use manual inversion. the tank did not come with a lid (i have a WTB post for one). are the lids for the 1000 tanks the same size as the 2000 tank? of course there are no ebay listings for the lid only, so it looks like if I want t lid I'll need to but a full system, which is the way it goes I guess. does anyone know a place that would have lids for sale? there are some cheap listings for the 1000 tank system, but will the lid fir the 2000 as the tanks are smaller. I have a mod 54 setup that I use, but want to see if there is another inversion set up that would be better and since this was almost free, it was worth it rather than my friend throwing it away

any help would be greatly appreciated!

john

Re: old jobo 2000 tank question

By lid, are your referring to the main screw-on lid, or the cap over the fill hole opening?

The screw-on lids for the 2000 series are much larger than the screw-on lids for the 1000, and are not interchangeable. I think the fill hole cap of the original 2000 model was the same as the one for the 1000, but the fill hole cap on the later 2000 models was much larger. The original 2000 model has the number "2000" embossed in large print on the top of the screw on lid, whereas the later 2000 models had no such identification on the screw-on lid. I'm pretty sure your 2336 tank is the newer 2000 series style that won't work with anything from the 1000 series.

Here's a picture of a newer style 2000 series lid and cap. https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...m-reel.162277/

I should clarify that I'm referring to the 1000 series regular tanks, not the tanks that are used in the Jobo roller processors. I'm not familiar with the roller processing system.

Re: old jobo 2000 tank question

I'm looking at the the cap over the fill hole opening.
    thanks for the reply.