Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Poulsbo, Washington

Re: Hello from Poulsbo, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by PoulsboJeff View Post
    Thanks Heroique. Nice to meet you. We're kicking around the idea of a day-hike in the HOH Valley. Should be fun.
    I’ll be there this summer too. Love the Big Leaf Maples with giant ferns drooping from their limbs in the early morning mist. If I see someone with a tripod and boxy camera, I’ll stop to say Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Welcome! Since I am just over the border in Northern CA, we are only in the PNW by invitation.
    Thanks to his excellent work in N. California, Vaughn is one of very few LFers who’s earned the privilege of visiting our region without needing a passport. He’s always welcome.

Hi Vaughn
    No need to worry about crossing the border, just wear your Groucho Marx glasses LOL. I did my first platinum prints in a class taught be Kerik Kouklis in Sacramento back in 1989ish. I saw my first prints by Frederik Evans. Those prints just glowed. Then I saw a portrait of Siegfried Sassoon, also platinum. I was hooked. Still am. As for Bocce, I play Petanque. Pretty much the same state of play, perhaps a little more "aggressive" with smaller cast iron balls. Make any analogy you wish. Only serious rule in Petanque is that you cannot step onto the terrain without a glass of your favorite beverage in your hand.

Maybe later on this year, we can meet up in the HOH. I will probably have the Hasselblad and eight million rolls of Velvia, as the Korona is in storage in Walla Walla. Could be fun.

It's the dang CA plates (and probably the Hawaiian shirts) that give me away.
    But I did get my negs -- about to hang up the last of them -- here's an inverted image of a wet neg against the sky.
    (And proof that I do better with redwoods...)

Ladies and gentlemen, I present Cadillac Ranch!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CadDiamondsSkyInvert.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Hello from Kingston, Jeff!

I've got a darkroom setup and do everything from 16mm to 8x10, mostly 4x5. I just acquired a Jobo ATL2+ that was in storage for 25 years and after a bit of tinkering it's back in service.

I'm working backwards and hope to get going in wet plates next year. Let me know if you want to process any film?

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Vancouver Washington or SW Washington, not Portland as everyone thinks. Been here about six years now and the community is great. Get that camera out of storage! Developing film yourself is not that hard. If we get together in HOH I can let you look through my 8x10. Then you can move up from there. Maybe I'll bring the 14x17 as well! Bigger is better. Either way enjoy the ride!

Hi all.
    Well, I bit the bullet. and ordered a Chamonix 45F-2. It won't be here until next March. In the interim, I picked up a 210mm Rodenstock 5.6 Sironar-N from Roberts Camera. The lens is stunning! I can't wait to get it on a camera and take o few shots. Hi Brianr. I'll keep your kind offer in mind.

Hi, Jeff. I'm a newbie in Tacoma. If you're looking for a trail-buddy to hike into location shoots, give me a ping here and we can coordinate.

www.bradcloven.smugmug.com

Hey Brad.
    Sounds like a good idea. For now, it will be the Hasselblad and Delta 100, along with a little Velvia while it is still available. Can't wait for the Chamonix. I keep picking up little bits and pieces to add to the kit. I'm not worried about duplicating anything I have in storage in Walla Walla. Just a dark cloth for the most part.