Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The things I don't know... :) Help (Crazy lens movements; lens choices; bellows optio

Re: The things I don't know... :) Help (Crazy lens movements; lens choices; bellows o

Quote Originally Posted by RITCHIE View Post
    woodlandserenade - I used to shoot Kodak Ektachrome 100 (35mm - beautiful blues, well balanced!!!), but probably would like Velvia (juicy colour) for this new project. I see it at B&H
    I've never personally shot Velvia 100, but I've read many mixed reviews about it. If you really want juicy colors, then you want Velvia 50. Just make sure you're sitting when you price it! And, I believe the only way to buy 8x10 Velvia 50 nowadays is directly from Japan.

Re: The things I don't know... :) Help (Crazy lens movements; lens choices; bellows o

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    I've never personally shot Velvia 100, but I've read many mixed reviews about it. If you really want juicy colors, then you want Velvia 50. Just make sure you're sitting when you price it! And, I believe the only way to buy 8x10 Velvia 50 nowadays is directly from Japan.
    same with 4x5 Velvia 50. None of the Velvia 50 sheet films is available in the US last I looked, though there are sellers that will ship from Japan.

Alan9940; abruzzi - Thanks guys. I do love shooting at 50, so that's cool. Thanks for the info, I didn't know there was that much difference between 50 and 100 ISO in this stock.
    Does anyone know the contact in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by RITCHIE View Post
    Does anyone know the contact in Japan?
    Check in the classifieds for a seller named B.S. Kumar. I know he sells Fuji films, or at least has in the past.

abruzzi - looking famous right here!