Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kangrinpoche Cosmos Circle 4x5 camera upgrade

Kangrinpoche Cosmos Circle 4x5 camera upgrade

I just noticed a few days ago that Kangrinpoche has finally gotten around to launching their camera that was first discussed at the beginning of this thread 5 years ago albeit on Kickstarter. If you are interested, here’s the link. I’m not affiliated with the team but I have always felt it would be nice to have a lightweight option for those days when I want to travel light. I am a backer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...napshot-camera

Re: New compact 4x5 camera from China

Quote Originally Posted by howardpan View Post
    I just noticed a few days ago that Kangrinpoche has finally gotten around to launching their camera that was first discussed at the beginning of this thread 5 years ago albeit on Kickstarter. If you are interested, here’s the link. I’m not affiliated with the team but I have always felt it would be nice to have a lightweight option for those days when I want to travel light. I am a backer.

As the thread suggests, this is not new - they have been selling this camera on eBay in various configurations for quite some time now. Don't know how a Kickstarter campaign is justified at this point.

UPDATE: See below - the Kickstarter is to finance a range of upgrades to the camera design and production.
    Last edited by Oren Grad; 20-May-2021 at 08:24.

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    i am getting adapters for M22-pinhole-plates like the one for eighteeen degrees pinholeshutter to be used in copal 1 and 0 shutters or other with same mounts.
    Since skinkfoto refused to answer my question if his plates are M22 i dont know if his 3 types of plates(pinhole, zonesieve, photonsieve) can be attached to the 18° shutter. he has a lens for copal 0. I call that rather an adapter.
    cosmos circle does not deliver naked adapters(where pinholeplate is factory-mounted. they are of highquality. when i killed one unfortunately(i have a duplicate 0.35mm) i removed everything to have a naked adapter. there i mounted old brass 18mm Reality So Subtle plate. Was not that easy since it will wobble inside when not done properly. new version is flat and nonmetall(plastic or something like that see website, 20mm. set of 5 cost 20 euro. hope he can also deliver 0.35mm later.
    Remember-i already posted that: Eighteen Degrees Pinhole Shutter by Cosmos Circle can expose multiples of 1/6(doesnt matter which release cable or pneumatic)- i measure with photoplug shutter-tester. one must only press it quickly. triggering the shutter manually not advised.
    Now i hope 3S-KR will come back here and tell us where to buy more shutters and plates. i cant find second seller who had these. have big problems navigating his shop 3s-krpc. i cant reach it only when i have link. which i have stored. sometimes its working sometimes not. tried everything. and search cannot find the seller 3s-krpc

NB: I have a concept for shutter- filteradapter. unfortunately nobody has the needed brass-adapter in order to be soldered to the surface. details later. so aluminium-adapter must be "glued" to. a used tape for the image. be aware brass and aluminium-adapter cannot be joined. brass to alufilter working. brass-adapter by heliopan. there are some alternative sellers but heliopan has the the biggest range. see their price-sheet. heliopan.de
    I'm sorry that my English is not very good. I can only read your words through the translation software, but I still failed to understand your meaning correctly.

We have sales posts on eBay, please see our sales link:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item...=http%3A%2F%2F http://www.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fm.html%3...rpc%26_arr%3D1

If you don't have the items you need, please let me know here and I'll get back to you.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by howardpan View Post

Thank you for your attention

To launch the Kickstarter campaign, we wanted to make a few accessories that would give Cosmos Circle even more variation. Now the project is in progress, please friends help and support.

The link is here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...=project_build

The return on the project is very, very, very good.

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    As the thread suggests, this is not new - they have been selling this camera on eBay in various configurations for quite some time now. Don't know how a Kickstarter campaign is justified at this point.
    Thank you for your attention.

Some of the accessories we sell on eBay are 3D-printed, not mass-produced. Now we are crowdfunding, just preparing to produce molds and mass-produce these accessories.

These do not violate the requirements of a crowdfunding campaign.

thanks

Good news

Next week

I will be in

Quote Originally Posted by 3S-KR View Post
    Thank you for your attention.

Some of the accessories we sell on eBay are 3D-printed, not mass-produced. Now we are crowdfunding, just preparing to produce molds and mass-produce these accessories.

These do not violate the requirements of a crowdfunding campaign.

thanks
    Tin Can

Re: Kangrinpoche Cosmos Circle 4x5 camera upgrade

I've moved these posts to a Kickstarter thread. Please read the full description on the Kickstarter campaign page - they provide details about what is new.

Their pinhole camera on ebay is very, very tempting...

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

want to officially inform that some censourship is preventing me accessing their ebay shop at 3s-krpc. have now proofs. can only access their products(actually only 5 there) via links of google. when on profile-shop-access denied. TOR the only browser-solution.
    reason most probably: i had deep exchange about technical data of their 18°-cosmos circle pinhole-shutter. all through ebay. kangringpoche is tibetan.
    have their prospectus. one day i will upload scan.
    there is a second ebay-shop selling huge amount of their photographic stuff up to 8x10. 4x5 cams, also filmchanging tents and filmholder-bags. they had an unsuccessful kickstarter.
    UPDATE_NO CENSOURSHIP most probably- actually 3s-krpc has only one item. so one cannot see anything else.
    could be they have four shops now. but i dont see seperate shutter-it seem they are restarting production. when not M22.5mm but M22 x 0.5 i dont really know. with M22.5 plate would match multiple TLR at rear or front. Rolleicord, Richard Reflex.-
    Plates are perfectly made. even havbe found a universal tool to not perforate them when mounting. dont use sharp tool. tips must be 1.5mm largest. hole is 2mm but when at an V-shaped angle it will not hit at least not perforate since tips of tongs are blunt. will open new thread when i have more time with all my finding. i am on FB in multiple pinholeforum. some is already shown. actually rolleicord-experience/fail is as sticky. maybe only for friends. If i am getting echo i will continue to publish. if no help i will stop and keep all secrets for myself.
    e.g. still not know which diameter has thread of skinkpinhole-lens-kit. i had a deep exchange with 3s-krpc till he realized we need all data of his shutter. it has B and 1/6 sec when using cable or pneumatic cable releases in quickest manner. no images yet taken. but will do with APS-C cam comparing with their cap and other systems. i added old RSS brass plate to 18° adapter.
    here are the ebay-shops.
    cosmos circle 18°ebay shops
    3s-krpc 1
    iscope2011 554 items
    kangrinpoche 89
    supermario68
    they have multiple prospectus with multiple brands. one is mountkailash but com_domain is lost....i will publish/upload 4x5-camera-part. asap hope we have also file-section here. if not will upload in FB Pinhole group file-section beside thread.
    Last edited by europanorama; 7-Jul-2022 at 08:05.
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Their pinhole camera on ebay is very, very tempting...
    when they have at least preshift as option i will buy. there is an old japanese 4x5 cam which has rotashift. genious.
    3dprinting lensplate with decentered hole is easy. only how much must be discussed. 25mm?
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch