Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Legend of The Ghost Technika - The Linhof Technika Medizin

Re: Legend of The Ghost Technika - The Linhof Technika Medizin

Quote Originally Posted by DLee View Post
    Man that's cool. Back around 1999 I saw an 18X24 listed on eBay, it was expensive for the time but I was really tempted to get it. For whatever reason (probably cash flow) I didn't bid on it and have always regretted it. I want to say it went for $1200 or $1800... pretty cool camera. It was a complete outfit with lens and two film carriers. C'est la vie.

How much did that Medezin sell for? So does Medizin translate to Medicine? Is that why it's white?
    Not sure what it sold for as you have to pay to login to that site to see the price stats.

Check out the first post of this thread for the complete explanation of these amazing cameras.

Re: Legend of The Ghost Technika - The Linhof Technika Medizin

Quote Originally Posted by DLee View Post
    Man that's cool. Back around 1999 I saw an 18X24 listed on eBay, it was expensive for the time but I was really tempted to get it. For whatever reason (probably cash flow) I didn't bid on it and have always regretted it. I want to say it went for $1200 or $1800... pretty cool camera. It was a complete outfit with lens and two film carriers. C'est la vie.
    I do remember another one listed on eBay. BUT the pictures were out of focus and the description left a lot to be desired. Price was low though. Contacted the seller with questions but no response. I was wary of that auction so never bid on it... was unsold so maybe others were also wary of it. "too good to be true" may have more accurately described that auction.