Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compur Electronic 3 repair

Compur Electronic 3 repair

Hi !
    Got a very nice late coated Heliar 210 in Compur Electronic 3 shutter. Unfortunately, shutter was damaged when shipped.
    I do not think it is serious damage, because I can get it working moving slightly open / close lever. So, it is not electronics, it is mechanicals and should be something simple.
    Anybody tried to open this shutter ? Repair manual ?
    Thanks in advance ,

Re: Compur Electronic 3 repair

Also interested. Just bought a 360mm apo ronar in one of these for 300,- swedish krona ca $40

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

So does the shutter fire at around 1/125 no matter what speed is selected? Or doesn't fire at all? If the latter it might be mechanical or the solenoid that retards the shutter for slower speeds is stuck. Only way to know is open it up, but be careful as the wire are delicate and can come disconnected from the various circuits if you aren't careful.

Hi ! Thanks for your comments. Do you know how to open it ?
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    So does the shutter fire at around 1/125 no matter what speed is selected? Or doesn't fire at all? If the latter it might be mechanical or the solenoid that retards the shutter for slower speeds is stuck. Only way to know is open it up, but be careful as the wire are delicate and can come disconnected from the various circuits if you aren't careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Iga View Post
    Hi ! Thanks for your comments. Do you know how to open it ?
    Thanks,
    I've never seen a Compur #3 Electronic but my Compur #1 opens like any normal shutter. Take the front element off and you will likely see a knurled ring that holds the top plate on. Unscrew it with an adjustable lens spanner, or push the tabs with small screwdrivers (you will likely mar the finish this way though). Take off the shutter speed selection cam and front plate (always good to put it all the way to the left of right so you can remember how to remount it later). At this point you should see the shutter mechanism.

Thanks ! Unfortunately it is not that easy. As far as I can see shutter has brass thread adapter for M58 thread...And no usual knurled ring..

Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    I've never seen a Compur #3 Electronic but my Compur #1 opens like any normal shutter. Take the front element off and you will likely see a knurled ring that holds the top plate on. Unscrew it with an adjustable lens spanner, or push the tabs with small screwdrivers (you will likely mar the finish this way though). Take off the shutter speed selection cam and front plate (always good to put it all the way to the left of right so you can remember how to remount it later). At this point you should see the shutter mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Iga View Post
    Thanks ! Unfortunately it is not that easy. As far as I can see shutter has brass thread adapter for M58 thread...And no usual knurled ring..

The knurled ring is there, but it's underneath the inner black ring (between the black ring with the writing and the brass ring). If you can get one of those rubber filter ring wrenchs to use friction on the black ring, you'll find it. I have two of these computer electronic #3's, one for my 210mm 6.8 Angulon and another for my 165mm 6.8 Angulon. My 210mm looks a lot like yours with a built in brass adapter.

Thanks a lot ! Will try later today.
    Best wishes,

There is a reprint of the repair manual for sale on eBay at the moment. I won't link to it, but a search on "Compur Electronic" should find it for you.

Hi ! I tried with everything - soft rubber ball, very sticky rubber ring - no way... Are you sure that this ring is threaded and not just clamped ?
    Thanks,