Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 450 mm Nikkor-M vs. Symmar-S 480 mm

Re: 450 mm Nikkor-M vs. Symmar-S 480 mm

The local pro shop had one recently, and I found a couple over in Europe. They pop up. Do you want a Norma one, or the later black ones that matches your P? I prefer the Norma ones myself
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Exploring Large Format Exploring Large Format's Avatar

I have the Norma Copal "Switzerland", Made in Japan Shutter. Love it. But still confused about models.

Do you, Daniel, only buy the same? Or do you also purchase the newer "DB" Shutters or other versions? Still trying to understand all the versions, their features, the lenses that match. No point in getting DB lens with Norma Shutter, right?

I've read bits and pieces of Sinar lit (each from a different era), but haven't yet seen a side-by-side. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I have only bought Norma Shutters with cables. If they don't work that is a bargaining point regarding price. $300-$350 with/without shipping is where I am comfortable.

The later DB's don't integrate to the Norma as far as I know, so no point in that. Later shutters do tend to cost more, I'm not familiar. I prefer all original Norma but I do have a few modern things as well
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Sinar shutters are usable on all Sinar cameras from Norma to P2. Norma shutter works in the P2 and last generation Sinar DB shutter works with DB mount lenses on Norma.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5x7 Norma & P2, bag bellows.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	215894

One of the prime attractions to the Sinar system is the shutter which allows using barrel and other optics that could be a serious challenge on any other view camera.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Exploring Large Format View Post
    I have the Norma Copal "Switzerland", Made in Japan Shutter. Love it. But still confused about models.

Do you, Daniel, only buy the same? Or do you also purchase the newer "DB" Shutters or other versions? Still trying to understand all the versions, their features, the lenses that match. No point in getting DB lens with Norma Shutter, right?

I've read bits and pieces of Sinar lit (each from a different era), but haven't yet seen a side-by-side. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

That’s very good to know! Glad I just need to keep an eye out for any model in good shape (with cables), and don’t have to look for the Norma one specifically, as those seem harder to find. Thank you for the information.