Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Paterson Orbital - lost base, what can I do?

  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    68

    Re: Paterson Orbital - lost base, what can I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    Ha, that's pretty cool... Definitely look forward to seeing your work--I just glimpsed a bit through the Instagram paywall, but the color palette seemed really to my taste.
    Thank you! I'll try to post on here once I'm up and running, although I'll only be shooting black and white due to costs.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Highlands of Scotland
    Posts
    305

    Re: Paterson Orbital - lost base, what can I do?

    I don't use the base for my Orbital at all.

    I sit the whole thing in a 10x12 tray of water at 22 ˚C and it floats nicely and allows for rocking to agitate.

    I used the small self-adhesive bump-stops from kitchen drawers to keep the film from sticking to the base.

    Mike

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    188

    Re: Paterson Orbital - lost base, what can I do?

    Donít use the base either. I just lift a corner and rock it gently.
    Iím getting great homogeneous results with 4x 4x5 sheets, but with 8x10 Iíve had some uneven development.
    I use 500ml solution and Iíve removed the fins btw.
    "I am a reflection photographing other reflections within a reflection. To photograph reality is to photograph nothing." Duane Michals

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    68

    Re: Paterson Orbital - lost base, what can I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by mpirie View Post
    I don't use the base for my Orbital at all.

    I sit the whole thing in a 10x12 tray of water at 22 ˚C and it floats nicely and allows for rocking to agitate.

    I used the small self-adhesive bump-stops from kitchen drawers to keep the film from sticking to the base.

    Mike
    Glad to hear people aren't using the base. Maybe I'll try the water bath too.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    68

    Re: Paterson Orbital - lost base, what can I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by lenicolas View Post
    Don’t use the base either. I just lift a corner and rock it gently.
    I’m getting great homogeneous results with 4x 4x5 sheets, but with 8x10 I’ve had some uneven development.
    I use 500ml solution and I’ve removed the fins btw.
    I'm using 5x7 so should be ok I think, but will need to try it and see I guess.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Highlands of Scotland
    Posts
    305

    Re: Paterson Orbital - lost base, what can I do?

    I use mine for both 5x4 and 5x7 and get perfect results.

    If you put enough water in the tray, the Orbital floats and that allows for easy rocking motions for agitation.

    Mike

  7. #17

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    68

    Re: Paterson Orbital - lost base, what can I do?

    Quote Originally Posted by mpirie View Post
    I use mine for both 5x4 and 5x7 and get perfect results.

    If you put enough water in the tray, the Orbital floats and that allows for easy rocking motions for agitation.

    Mike
    Ah, great. Are you heating your water?

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Highlands of Scotland
    Posts
    305

    Re: Paterson Orbital - lost base, what can I do?

    Yes, I heat the tray on a tray heater to keep the temp just above 20deg C

    Mike

Similar Threads

  1. Paterson orbital -- how to use motor base.
    By rezdm in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 3-Feb-2010, 00:20

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •