Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8x10 carry options

8x10 carry options

I have an Ansco 8x10 and l am looking for a way of transporting it. The dimensions are:
    8”Dx12”Wx15”H. It doesn’t have to be a backpack, I just want transport it safely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	836793A2-A46E-4D0D-981D-C5D3D630E72B.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	215350

Re: 8x10 carry options

Awhile back, Army-Navy surplus stores had an abundance of canvas insulated cooler bags for transporting Jerry can sized water containers for troops on desert maneuvers. These were built like proverbial tanks and the insulation provided thick protective cushioning. They opened and closed via heavy double brass zippers and had shoulder straps---available in any color as long as it was coyote tan. I'd check out Army-Navy Surplus stores in your neighborhood and see if any are still around and if it'll fit your Ansco. I have one for my V8 'dorff and another for film holders
    They've replaced my Ice Chest for car carrying ever since Yosemite Bears have learned to read "Igloo" and "Coleman." Apparently "US" still has them stumped
    These are them:
    https://www.loadup.com/us-gi-militar...bag-5-gal.html
    Last edited by John Kasaian; 28-Apr-2021 at 14:17.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

What do you mean by transport? Walking around with it? You wan to put it in a car or something and then take it out and put on tripod and carry it?

Transport to me sounds like putting it into something, going somewhere without using it, and then removing it to use. For that I've done different things like a large plastic from Target type thing, and egg foam all around. Now it is in a pelican case and I can throw it in the back of my car.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    What do you mean by transport? Walking around with it? You wan to put it in a car or something and then take it out and put on tripod and carry it?

Transport to me sounds like putting it into something, going somewhere without using it, and then removing it to use. For that I've done different things like a large plastic from Target type thing, and egg foam all around. Now it is in a pelican case and I can throw it in the back of my car.
    The thought of hiking with this behemoth is out of the question. I want to put it in the car, walk a half mile or so and shoot.

How about this? We've been kicking around these Gator cases on the ULF forum:

https://www.amazon.com/Gator-Foam-Cu.../dp/B08JX9YWTC

Drew Wiley

Half a mile is quite a ways to lug a case, or to carry a heavy 8x10 rifle-style, over the shoulder, attached to a tripod. Do you plan on consistently walking on just paved surfaces with it, using a wheeled cart?

Quote Originally Posted by htodman View Post
    The thought of hiking with this behemoth is out of the question. I want to put it in the car, walk a half mile or so and shoot.
    I have it in a pelican case and I use this darn thing to pull it around.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/GORILLA-...CG-4/309521793
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Roberts View Post
    How about this? We've been kicking around these Gator cases on the ULF forum:

https://www.amazon.com/Gator-Foam-Cu.../dp/B08JX9YWTC
    This will work.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Awhile back, Army-Navy surplus stores had an abundance of canvas insulated cooler bags for transporting Jerry can sized water containers for troops on desert maneuvers. These were built like proverbial tanks and the insulation provided thick protective cushioning. They opened and closed via heavy double brass zippers and had shoulder straps---available in any color as long as it was coyote tan. I'd check out Army-Navy Surplus stores in your neighborhood and see if any are still around and if it'll fit your Ansco. I have one for my V8 'dorff and another for film holders
    They've replaced my Ice Chest for car carrying ever since Yosemite Bears have learned to read "Igloo" and "Coleman." Apparently "US" still has them stumped
    These are them:
    https://www.loadup.com/us-gi-militar...bag-5-gal.html
    Man... this is AWESOME, found one on eBay for a decent price. I think this will really fit my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bungee whatever case to an old-style wheeled golf dolly. Light, compact, breaks down, cheap, good wheels for non-technical or super steep terrain....
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know