Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New color sheet film processing service - Northern CA

Drew Wiley

New color sheet film processing service - Northern CA

The Bay Area is back in the game. Underdog Film Lab in Oakland now offers both C41 and E6 processing up to 8x10. Best prices I've seen anywhere. Basically, the same folks that have shifted from one spot to another as they got pushed out for sake of higher leases or outright redevelopment over the past decade. But this time it looks like they've found a location they can stick with, near the Port of Oakland. It's an industrial and warehousing neighborhood unlikely to attract condo and techie office developers.

Re: New color sheet film processing service - Northern CA

Yes and for people who live in San Francisco they can drop off and pick up their film at Glass Key Photo for processing at UFL. You can also mail your film to them.

Roger

Drew Wiley

There are also certain East Bay locations which deal with them, where film can be dropped and handled for a nominal surcharge. For me, that convenience is worth it. Even though the difference in driving miles is very little, the difference in driving hassle is significant, especially since traffic gridlock is starting to seriously develop again as the economy is revving back up.

This is good news, thanks for letting us know.

New color sheet film processing service - Northern CA

And a new lab in Danville duphotolab.com. This is my new venture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew Wiley

I drove thru Danville a couple days ago, getting a decent hike halfway up Mt Diablo with the Sinar Norma before the weather turns too hot; the week before too, to photograph the "Chinese Wall" using nice seasonal light. Once set up a showroom there (not photo-related).

Huh, have been in the Bay Area for almost 30 years and never heard of the Chinese Wall until you mentioned it. Neat. Thanks

https://wildrecovery.org/2007/2007_China_Wall.htm

Drew Wiley

It's an unusual brief geologic ridge that almost resembles a linear Stonehenge when backlit, but is completely natural - old deep sea fine sediments poorly bonded, which shattered with uplift - quite different from the fossil-bearing later shallow water and beach sediments of the Briones and Castle Rock formations further uphill. Everything is drying out about a month early this year due to semi-drought. I like to go there during the color shift when just patches are drying out, with vivid greens interspersed with gold and tan areas, like two weeks ago, when there will still March-like clouds as well. That seasonal juncture makes for the best color as well as filtered b&w photos in my experience. Lots of wildflowers and roaming coyotes too, trying to fatten up on gophers and naive young ground squirrels. This coming week is forecast to be hot out there, so I'll stick closer to the coast.

There are also certain East Bay locations which deal with them, where film can be dropped and handled for a nominal surcharge. For me, that convenience is worth it. Even though the difference in driving miles is very little, the difference in driving hassle is significant, especially since traffic gridlock is starting to seriously develop again as the economy is revving back up.
    That's great news! Driving few extra miles is not an issue when we're speaking of the best quality!

p.s. economy is not going to rev back up for another year at least...

Quote Originally Posted by patriciafoster View Post
    That's great news! Driving few extra miles is not an issue when we're speaking of the best quality!

p.s. economy is not going to rev back up for another year at least...

Spam…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk