Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeves for 4 x 10 negatives.

Sleeves for 4 x 10 negatives.

I have been looking for sleeves for 4 x 10 negatives with no success. Does anyone know of a source?

Re: Sleeves for 4 x 10 negatives.

Not sure if they will ship to Canada but this might be a source. https://www.climaxphoto.net/wide_format_sleeves.htm

Roger

Thanks for the link Roger! They ship worldwide but on their online ordering system their shipping rates are very high for 200 sleeves. I have emailed asking if they can ship regular USPS. Thanks again

Do or do not. There is no try.

Best to check with them before simply placing an online order. Some time ago (but within the past year) I ordered wholeplate sleeves from their web site. After a few months I contacted them about the order and they said the sleeves were out of stock and that it wasn't feasible to fulfill my order. I don't know if it was a pandemic-related materials availability issue or a minimum order thing, but they were very apologetic and issued a quick refund.

I plan to contact them to see if the situation has changed regarding wholeplate sleeves.

umop episdn

I had a 4x10 for awhile with the same problem for storing the negatives. I found some pages from Print File for panoramic prints; the pages were a bit overlong but I trimmed those to fit a normal three ring binder with a Rotatrim. https://www.printfile.com/product/412-4g/ Worked just fine!

I use 8x10 ones…. Just fit 2 side by side. They don’t slide easily so it works for me.
    But the option above looks nice…

I also just use the 8x10 and have no difficulties with them. I did, for a while, use an iron on low setting and a straight edge to weld a seam down the center of the 8x10 holder but gave up that practice and now just do the side by side as mentioned.

You can also make your own out of acid free letter size paper. Fold it in half the long way, seal the ends with tape or glue, and you're ready to go.

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Thanks for all the suggestions and links. Big problem on purchasing the 4 X 10 sleeves in small quantities is the exorbitant cost of shipping. I could find nothing under $100 which is beyond my budget. Will continue to use 8 X 10 sleeves and put one 4 X 10 negative per sleeve. Thanks again.

Sleeves for 4 x 10 negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Benton View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions and links. Big problem on purchasing the 4 X 10 sleeves in small quantities is the exorbitant cost of shipping. I could find nothing under $100 which is beyond my budget. Will continue to use 8 X 10 sleeves and put one 4 X 10 negative per sleeve. Thanks again.
    I got earlier today the 4x12 that were recommended above by Konakoa and they work great — a quick trimming and they’re perfect for 4x10. It’s $12.49 for a 25 pack on Amazon