Thread: Graflex 4x5 Pacemaker Speed Graphic Camera Focal Plane Shutter

Graflex 4x5 Pacemaker Speed Graphic Camera Focal Plane Shutter

New to this Forum but so glad I found it! I'm trying to sell a camera collection that belonged to a friend of my daughter's father. I've listed and sold a few things on this site for which I am grateful. I listed a Graflex 4x5 Pacemaker Speed Graphic camera yesterday and a potential buyer asked if the focal plane shutter worked properly. I didn't know the answer to that question so I turned to YouTube for the answer and learned how to take the back off the camera and what the focal plane is. I wound it up and depressed the shutter release and the fabric belt spun around like I think it is supposed to. But when I looked in the window next to winding key it looks like the belt is stopping at every other number. So it goes from 1000 to 250 to 50 to T to 0 to blank. I'm guessing it is supposed to stop on every number? Is that a serious issue? I'd like to sell this camera but I want potential buyers to know if something isn't working right. Any guidance would be appreciated! Thank you - Mark

SOLD!
    Last edited by Mark MC; 22-Jun-2021 at 16:05.

Re: Graflex 4x5 Pacemaker Speed Graphic Camera Focal Plane Shutter

With the lens off, make a video of the shutter going through it's speeds. That should be what a buyer would want to know.

that's how it works. there's a switch at the bottom to choose the other speed.

Thank you both for the help - I've made a video for potential buyers. Mark