Hello from the Netherlands! Over the past while I have been reconsidering the kind of photography I want to do and discovered large format black and white landscape photography. I have a DSLR (Canon 50D) that is capable enough at other subjects, but I noticed that compared to my grandfather's b/w film shots they missed something. He, as far as I know, only used 35mm and perhaps medium format. However, learning about the unique capabilities of large format attracted me immediately to this even more complicated form of photography. There are particular subjects unique to this country that I would like to shoot in this manner.

I did order some 35mm film to put in a camera as soon as I discover which of the ones in storage hold up, so I can at least see if my metering (using the DSLR for now) is correct with much cheaper film. After that, at some point I will have to start accruing the large format gear. It makes sense to look to 4x5 first, even though I would like to eventually use the tremendously expensive 8x10.

Hopefully this journey will actually begin soon.