Tin Can - I've been photographing the effects of both drought and wildfire nearly my whole life. Just took two more shots about a week ago. I'm not trying to "document" anything; the kind of hues involved are just esthetically in my blood, but are also apparently in my genes ever since my father moved to California to supervise a major segment of Central Valley Project to begin with. Dams and canals were built as a safeguard against both drought, on certain years, and flooding in others. But one way or another, the negative effects of natural cycles somehow gets exacerbated by unwise or unrealistic water policies in relation to that overdevelopment made possible by taming those rivers. And now we've got a hundred ton gorilla on our backs with severe cumulative climate change. Something has to snap, and already has to a degree. An no, I'm not going to post. I can't even acquire the color paper I prefer at the moment, to print these on, and piles of negs are already ahead of them awaiting printing.

Yosemite Creek itself, along with Yosemite Falls, eventually dries up many summers. It's just a matter of when. I'm more interested in the opposite, when a downpour temporarily creates something higher than even Yosemite falls. I'm working on one of those right now, but in black and white. I'm not interested in its scenic content, but the especially silverly light involved due to all the rain and mist thousands of feet up. A black bear was feeding in berries at the base of the falls when I took it, but doesn't show up in the neg itself. It would have just been a tiny dot in the overall scale anyway.
But that was way back in a magical canyon almost nobody has heard of, and that's how it should be.