Thread: Shutter release adaptor for Technika recessed lens board

Shutter release adaptor for Technika recessed lens board

Hi,

I've got a Technika recessed lens board that came with the Schneider 90mm Super-Angulon (Compur Shutter). As you can see on the picks, the quick socket on it is not the one with the red button but a white one. Couldn't find any information on it.

I got the Linhof quick socket nipple, but it doesn't lock in (too small). So either it doesn't fit in this type of quick socket or it the quick socket that's broken.

Does anybody know if there is another adapter for this? I can't afford to buy a new recessed board and the red-button quick socket don't seem to be sold on their own.

Related question: how limited will I be in movements if I put this lens on a non-recessed board? I have a Master Technika IV.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210405_190501.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	214593
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210405_190516.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	214594

Re: Shutter release adaptor for Technika recessed lens board

Contact Mike Boylan and he can solve your nipple problem.
    You have a Super Technika lV. It was replaced by the V which was replaced by the Master in the early 70s.

I have one of these older style cable quick release units. They're designed to be used with a Linhof cable release. The white plastic collar holds onto the rotating barrel of the cable that you usually use to screw the cable into the lens. Just push the Linhof cable release into the collar opening, and it should go in quite easily. Once it's in, the white collar prevents it from being pulled out again. You push in the white collar to release the cable

On your top view picture, the white plastic collar is pushed rearwards towards the lensboard in order to release the cable.

Non-Linhof cable releases may work if they have a similar sized barrel end.

What type of cable release are you using?

Here's a picture of the barrel end of a Linhof cable release

http://linhof.com/wp-content/uploads...2431-det-i.jpg

Thanks sharktooth. Indeed, that's not the type of cable I have (mine is a slimmer Gepe). The Linhof ones aren't cheap, but I'd rather pay for that than for a new Technika recessed board.

Bob, you're right about the Technika model. I keep getting the Super and the Master confused.

I had a closer look at mine to see how it worked. The collar has a taper that spreads apart when you insert the cable. Once the cable is in, the collar springs back and retains the top edge of the knurled part of the barrel. If you can find another cable release with a protruding knurled part that has a sharp flat top ledge, it might work too.