Thread: FR corporation 4x5 developing tank

FR corporation 4x5 developing tank

Anyone have any experience with theses tanks, I am a little scared after what I have read on the internet, no one seems to like them, any way it all I could afford after the purchase of a Graflex Crown Graphic and I would at least like to know how much chemistry it took, lots of experience with other formats but none with LF, any information would be appreciated

Re: FR corporation 4x5 developing tank

They sorta work, but the hardest tank to use... At best, film will come out ok, but films near the ends can have swirls on the end sheets... High dilution developers are best with it...

The better small tanks are ones that can seal and be inverted to agitate...

To determine volume of solutions, fill empty tank with water from a graduate until over the film rack inside, and note how much you poured in...

Consider it a stepping stone...

Steve K

Re: FR corporation 4x5 developing tank

I used one for years with HC-110 as my main developer at 1:49 or 1:63 dilutions. I also have the newer Yankee square tanks.
    To agitate you shake it side to side. It will slosh out some developer so keep a clean tray underneath and pour the developer back in. I had no problems with uneven development but I never used it for more than 4 pieces of film. practice loading with lights on.
    A good 1 minute gentle initial agitation will help with images of open skies. Do not put photoflo in these tanks.

However since I bought the SP-445 tanks , I now use the square tanks for film washing only.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography