Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linhof Master Technika - New LF user question

Re: Lilnhof Master Technika - New LF user question

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Yes, if. They took the RF off as it leaves a modified camera for no meaningful reasons as its weight is minimal. If you want one without the RF get a 2000 or 3000 as then you gain a major benefit without modifying a valuable camera.
    Hi Bob

As much as I would LOOOVE a 2000 or 3000 it aint gonna happen right now hahah

So keep seeing modified setups and wondered if worth investing in them

Re: Linhof Master Technika - New LF user question

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    If it still has the linkage for the bed rail, you can keep it from jamming up by using the smallest cam, the 90mm to stay on it...

If the RF is not off camera, let it be... I never use the RF on mine, but still on it (instead of a hole)... Camera still fits well in case, and you might need it someday (or sell it)...

One guy on here years ago was frantically trying to get an RF BACK onto a camera that was missing it...

I have a baby graphic that years ago thought the RF was taking up too much space on it, so removed it ... Time & tide later, got into a handheld faze (when I shoot without a tripod in restricted space), but my parts flew away, and I thought I was stooopid for removing in in the first place... :-(

Like I said, just ignore it if not needed...

Steve K
    The 72/75mm is the shortest cam.

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    If it still has the linkage for the bed rail, you can keep it from jamming up by using the smallest cam, the 90mm to stay on it...

If the RF is not off camera, let it be... I never use the RF on mine, but still on it (instead of a hole)... Camera still fits well in case, and you might need it someday (or sell it)...

One guy on here years ago was frantically trying to get an RF BACK onto a camera that was missing it...

I have a baby graphic that years ago thought the RF was taking up too much space on it, so removed it ... Time & tide later, got into a handheld faze (when I shoot without a tripod in restricted space), but my parts flew away, and I thought I was stooopid for removing in in the first place... :-(

Like I said, just ignore it if not needed...

Steve K
    Thanks Steve

I actually have a topcor 150mm that i was planning on sticking on the horseman that ended up being faulty.

How can i tell what lens board size it is? As the horseman lens board is a mini. But the linhof is bigger right?

I figure its a 0 but i am not sure where i got that info from

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_board

Read up. There's links on the Large Format Photography Home Page with lots of info about lens board types, sizes, etc. etc.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Re: Lilnhof Master Technika - New LF user question

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Yes, if. They took the RF off as it leaves a modified camera for no meaningful reasons as its weight is minimal. If you want one without the RF get a 2000 or 3000 as then you gain a major benefit without modifying a valuable camera.
    Hi Bob

I agree. I am a bit of a purist to be honest. My only reason to buy one like this would be purely financial. There's a good deal at the moment on one. But my internal purist clock keeps telling me not to and to go for a complete model and just buy the extras separate.

SO i decided to miss the technika with the RF taken off. The seller couldnt give me any more information on it, other that it works.

I am actually a bit of a purist at heart, so I am looking for technika with the RF!

The weight saving by stripping the RF is 316 grams. Been there.