Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting ready to purchase enlarger lens/s

sculptorBradP

Re: Getting ready to purchase enlarger lens/s

For use with a Durst 138 S which is now set up with a CLS-301 head etc...- expecting a head for 8x10... are these two lens equal in quality: RODENSTOCK Rodagon 240mm f/5,6
    thread size on the back is 72mm thread - seems an issue with the 138 S turret, or a: Rodenstock Apo Gerogon 9/240mm M50X0.75 thread compatible with a Durst Lapla plate. Thanks, - Brad

Quote Originally Posted by sculptorBradP View Post
    For use with a Durst 138 S which is now set up with a CLS-301 head etc...- expecting a head for 8x10... are these two lens equal in quality: RODENSTOCK Rodagon 240mm f/5,6
    thread size on the back is 72mm thread - seems an issue with the 138 S turret, or a: Rodenstock Apo Gerogon 9/240mm M50X0.75 thread compatible with a Durst Lapla plate. Thanks, - Brad
    The Rodagon is vastly superior. The Apo Gerogon is simply a wide field process lens corrected for optimal performance at f22 only. It was made for vertical process cameras. Mostly for print shops.

sculptorBradP

Thanks, Bob - for the recommendation. For use with a Durst 138 S which is now set up with a CLS-301 head etc...- expecting a head for 8x10... The RODENSTOCK Rodagon 240mm f/5,6
    thread size on the back is 72mm thread - seems an issue with the 138 S turret. Is there a solution that best fits the 72mm thread to the Durst 138 S ? There is a fabricator I have used for needed Componon S 211mm lens, etc... Componon / Componon S mounts for the Durst 138 S - his company is in Belarus, and produces lens mounts in all sizes, for compatible enlarger models. Would a reduction mount Lapla plate of some sort from 72mm to 60mm seem a good solution to pursue? Hopefully without cutting off any lens coverage... ,- Brad

Thanks, Bob - for the recommendation. For use with a Durst 138 S which is now set up with a CLS-301 head etc...- expecting a head for 8x10... The RODENSTOCK Rodagon 240mm f/5,6
    thread size on the back is 72mm thread - seems an issue with the 138 S turret. Is there a solution that best fits the 72mm thread to the Durst 138 S ? There is a fabricator I have used for needed Componon S 211mm lens, etc... Componon / Componon S mounts for the Durst 138 S - his company is in Belarus, and produces lens mounts in all sizes, for compatible enlarger models. Would a reduction mount Lapla plate of some sort from 72mm to 60mm seem a good solution to pursue? Hopefully without cutting off any lens coverage... ,- Brad
    Brad, I really don’t know. Have no experience with anyone doing that. My guess would be probably, otherwise the factory would have made the mount smaller.

sculptorBradP

I was told by a Durst Ebay seller in Duesseldorf that the largest Durst Lapla board is 60mm made for the 138 S / G139.

I was told by a Durst Ebay seller in Duesseldorf that the largest Durst Lapla board is 60mm made for the 138 S / G139.
    Can’t help you there. I sold Durst in the USA in the mid 70s, but don’t remember what boards were made.

sculptorBradP

Thanks for your help, Bob. Looks like simple project solution with unknown complications....

sculptorBradP

Custom Photo Tools - sells a Lensboard for Durst enlargers with 72mm x 1 thread for Rodenstock Rodagon 240mm 5.6 - For Durst enlargers with 79mm diameter lensboards. For Durst Tripla lens turrets, extended lensboards can be made with the thread size and lensboard length needed for each lens.

sculptorBradP

For a Durst CLS-1000 color head with EST-1000 - if the Dichroic Filter / Reflector is missing in the unit, is this going to effect the quality of the output? Is there a significant quality difference in the Durst CLS-1000 color head with EST-1000 - compared to the - Durst CLS-301 Color Head, TRA-301 Transformer, Cooling Blower with hose - in the output print ? - with I guess some learned competence...

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    . . . Don't bother with the Apo Rodagon N's until you have the hands-on experience to know when they will be useful/ necessary . . .
    I'm curious . . . to what kind of hands-on experience are you referring?