Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Four Liter Jugs ?

Re: Four Liter Jugs ?

Chemicals stored in clear containers kept in a dark cabinet should last as long as in dark containers. This can save money, too.

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    U.S. spelling=liter.
    Ergo, US spelling= incorrect.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

This is what I use to store film and paper developers: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ge_Tank_2.html The bottom of the floating lid is readily visible through the plastic and shows the exact location of the fluid level. I mix stop and fix from scratch for each session and store 250mL of HC for paper and film in 250mL brown glass bottles for use (1:10).

Ask around at your local pharmacies and see if the boxed bags used for distilled water can be saved/ sold to you.

They may have the four liter type and the five gallon units in use as well.

Good luck.

There is a brand of sangria that comes in 4 liter bottles. I can't remember the brand, but Walmart carries it. I got mine at a yard sale for $4 each

Quote Originally Posted by MrFujicaman View Post
    There is a brand of sangria that comes in 4 liter bottles. I can't remember the brand, but Walmart carries it. I got mine at a yard sale for $4 each
    Apparently, Carlo Rossi sells most of their wines in 4l jugs. About $10 for some of the less expensive options. I'm sure that's quality wine!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/drew_saunders/

Quote Originally Posted by drew.saunders View Post
    Apparently, Carlo Rossi sells most of their wines in 4l jugs. About $10 for some of the less expensive options. I'm sure that's quality wine!
    YES, I have a good friend that drinks this swill, it's low alcohol which keeps the price down. He saves the bottles for me. I ordered some polycone phenolic lids. Works perfectly nice. The original lids are a poly/aluminum type. That's the exact type, he buys it at Walmart.
    Liter Litre it's L problem solved. SI units. It's like Zulu and GMT, close but not always the same.

I forgot to mention, I put my mixed chemicals solutions, as well as some dry chemicals in plain Mason Jars, as I rarely need a full liter for most developing, and seal them with the Plastic Mason Jar lids, sold by Walmart.

I also have some old 2 quart or liter jars, but I have never used them for this.

A dozen Mason Jars of any size made, can be had from Walmart, but buy them well in advance of the Canning seasons in your area.

Here in NC, we get two good seasons a year, maybe more now because of warming so you need to be on the lookout for what you need, year round.

Also, with the wide mouth Bell Mason jars, pouring and returning the developer/stop/fix/etc, is much faster and that's important to know, with cylinder tanks that empty quick and fill even more quickly.

I hope this helps,
    Eli

Yup, the 4 liter bottles I got were Carlo Rossi. I'll say this..if you look at the price of 4 liter brown glass bottles online, it'd be cheaper to buy the wine and throw a party and keep the empty bottles!

Duolab...where'd you order those lids? And do they sell them it white? Hate looking for black lids in the dark!