Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intrepid Tiny Format Enlarger

Re: Intrepid Tiny Format Enlarger

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    You check it occasionally. Quite different from aligning it every time you want to use it.
    What was it about what I wrote that you didn’t understand?

I have to admit I like this thing, especially the controller.

Regarding alignment, true that it isn’t ideal but I don’t think it would be that difficult to do.

Under 24 hours to go

They are 12X above their goal!

Who says film enlargers are DEAD
    Tin Can

Tin Can

Great concept but a failed application.

I have received mine with great excitement but realized very quickly, lens plane and film plane are not parallel, with a laser alignment tool. The problem is one cannot align lens plane separately at all without moving film plane as well as they are locked to each other so it is not possible to get a edge to edge sharp print at all. Looks like I’ll stick to their 4x5 enlarger as you can align every piece separately to get a sharp print.

Intrepid Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Fatih View Post
    Great concept but a failed application.

I have received mine with great excitement but realized very quickly, lens plane and film plane are not parallel, with a laser alignment tool. The problem is one cannot align lens plane separately at all without moving film plane as well as they are locked to each other so it is not possible to get a edge to edge sharp print at all. Looks like I’ll stick to their 4x5 enlarger as you can align every piece separately to get a sharp print.
    Hello faith, I have just replied to your email but il mention this quickly on here too for any other Compact Enlarger users

There are four dome head screws on the light source part of the enlarger, they are attached to the mounting bracket that has the 1/4 thread cut into it. you can loosen these off slightly and it allows you to adjust the rear of the enlarger back into parallel. This will have been set in the workshop but it might have been knocked during transport or potentially an error on our side by not tightening them down enough after testing. Either way sorry that it didn't arrive spot on! you will need a 2mm allen key to adjust these screws and it should sort the problem out. also please make sure the two thumb nuts on the light source are tight when measuring for parallel,

- Best, Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max Grew View Post
    Hello faith, I have just replied to your email but il mention this quickly on here too for any other Compact Enlarger users

There are four dome head screws on the light source part of the enlarger, they are attached to the mounting bracket that has the 1/4 thread cut into it. you can loosen these off slightly and it allows you to adjust the rear of the enlarger back into parallel. This will have been set in the workshop but it might have been knocked during transport or potentially an error on our side by not tightening them down enough after testing. Either way sorry that it didn't arrive spot on! you will need a 2mm allen key to adjust these screws and it should sort the problem out. also please make sure the two thumb nuts on the light source are tight when measuring for parallel,

- Best, Max
    Thanks Max, maybe I was too quick to post this. But other users might find it useful too