I got 10 rolls of 120 hanging on clips in the darkroom waiting to be scanned and I don't have time to do that with the epson... It's great for LF, but kinda slow and only adequate for MF. I've got more film to develop, but won't do that till I scan in and printfile the dry hanging rolls.

With the long weekend and rainy weather I skipped the hiking and chainsaw chores and did some indoor work. I had time to let paint dry and assemble my project for this discussion. It took about a month or so for the film holder to show up.

It it is quite obvious that my light source is not big enough as I have some fall off on the sides (evidenced by bright spots on the positive) I've ordered a bigger light which might be here for next weekend. LED video lights with adjustable color temp and high CRI are quite common on the usual online retailers. I recessed the light in a pine board to keep it far enough from the diffusion material and the individual LEDs disappear.

I've tried color film with negative lab pro LR plugin which works well. I've also tried sampling the film between photos with the dropper and making a divide mask to remove the orange cast and that works too. All in all, it's much faster than the epson (think click of the shutter to get a histogram compared to doing a prescan) and quality is good enough that I can see the grain texture of Portra 160 with my D810. When I have the next light source and get the images going, my goal is the set this box on my darkroom enlarger table and zip my MF rolls of film through it without them leaving the darkroom so they stay nice and clean and dust free.

The flocked tube is the hood from an old 300/2.8. I'll make a better flocked tube next weekend too with darker telescope flock material and some 3" pipe.

Untitled-1 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr