Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X or X/ Y Axis Manual Stages for stitching while camera scanning?

Re: X or X/ Y Axis Manual Stages for stitching while camera scanning?

Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Vogt View Post
    Attachment 213916

I'll be using this configuration over a lightbox (Kaiser). Four overlapping shots should be enough....or several more in vertical configuration. I'm mostly talking about copying 35mm slides/negatives and stitching. Had to install soft pads under the plastic holder, to make sure it will not scratch the lightbox. I guess it depends how much resolution one desires.

Les
    It seems that you are wasting most of each frame. If that's to scale you could probably do it in 2 frames, or get in closer and get really hi res.
    Rob Gray — Nature Photographer Extraordinaire
    www.robgray.com

I used SBR rails + stepper motors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmRHTausFls&t=0s

Daniel used....I forget! Here's his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXy7RJwIBAo

Currently, I just camera-scan 8x10. I use a manual slide system. I built a platform with two guide rails. I made a light box/negative stage using PVC boards. The negative carrier just slides between the rails.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    I used SBR rails + stepper motors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmRHTausFls&t=0s

Daniel used....I forget! Here's his video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXy7RJwIBAo

Currently, I just camera-scan 8x10. I use a manual slide system. I built a platform with two guide rails. I made a light box/negative stage using PVC boards. The negative carrier just slides between the rails.
    Pretty sweet, makes me want to do the same. I am trying NOT to get back into electronics and embedded programming, but maybe.
    Rob Gray — Nature Photographer Extraordinaire
    www.robgray.com

These all sound like fantastic ideas - thank you! I look forward to watching the youtube videos and hope to see some other pictures of people's setups some time.

As always, thank you all for your insight!

Quote Originally Posted by GRAYnomad View Post
    Pretty sweet, makes me want to do the same. I am trying NOT to get back into electronics and embedded programming, but maybe.
    We do have all of the programming and circuit diagrams on Github, but I understand.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Lists for $1203 for the basic system-- the problem is, the system on their website looks nothing like the one in the video.

Also-- I work with 3D printers a fair amount, so I'm familiar with what a couple meters of extruded aluminum, some wheels, steppers and electronics cost. There's a fair amount of markup in that $1200.

One of my side projects I need to get back to is converting a cheap 3018 CNC rig into a negative-scanning platform.