Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Best 4x5 camera to accommodate a 65mm lens?

Re: Best 4x5 camera to accommodate a 65mm lens?

Look, I've got many of my Graphics modded to do forward tilt without dropping the bed. But that's not how it was designed. Hacking the camera is a different discussion.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Look, I've got many of my Graphics modded to do forward tilt without dropping the bed. But that's not how it was designed. Hacking the camera is a different discussion.
    then why are you bringing it up? my speed graphic isn't modded (at least in terms of movements). it does forward tilt without dropping the bed, using only the capabilities it was designed to have. you not knowing the camera's capabilities doesn't mean it doesn't have them.

Bryan, all you have to do is turn your Graphic on its head or flop it on its side. You can't have all movements at the same time, but who needs them all at the same time? You, like me, lack imagination and desire and are too hung up on using your gear as its makers intended. Shame on both of us.

I use a 65mm Nikkor on my 45N-2 Chamonix with its normal bellows without any problems. Seriously thought about acquiring a 45H-1 or 45HS-1 Chamonix for using exclusively with my 65mm and 90mm optics, but just couldn't justify the costs since my 45N-2 works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by maltfalc View Post
    then why are you bringing it up? my speed graphic isn't modded (at least in terms of movements). it does forward tilt without dropping the bed, using only the capabilities it was designed to have. you not knowing the camera's capabilities doesn't mean it doesn't have them.
    No it doesn't, unless you turn the camera over and have modded the camera to have a mount that way. There is not a top tripod mount like on the Linhofs.

If your camera naturally has forward tilt without dropping the bed, then it has been modded to reverse the front standard- as I and many have done to their Graphics.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome