Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SP-445 sticker / glue removal

Re: SP-445 sticker / glue removal

Helios, re: extra sheet in the tank.

I mentioned this a while back in regard to avoiding added density, on an inward-facing neg, from developer passing through the slots of an empty second holder. When I have a single neg to develop, I do now put a dummy sheet in the other holder, and with either one or two sheets, face them outward as extra insurance. I had been having some uneven development issues, which were finally cleared up by using Tim's "flipping" method for agitation, rather than my smooth end-over-end (like a 35mm steel tank) method, AND including a direction reversal, which seems to make a difference.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Ulophot View Post
    Helios, re: extra sheet in the tank.

I mentioned this a while back in regard to avoiding added density, on an inward-facing neg, from developer passing through the slots of an empty second holder. When I have a single neg to develop, I do now put a dummy sheet in the other holder, and with either one or two sheets, face them outward as extra insurance. I had been having some uneven development issues, which were finally cleared up by using Tim's "flipping" method for agitation, rather than my smooth end-over-end (like a 35mm steel tank) method, AND including a direction reversal, which seems to make a difference.
    Interesting, thanks Ulophot. Seems to make a lot of sense. I hit uneven development issues only on very rare occasions and could never correlate them. I'll pay more attention now, it could indeed be related to what you're explaining.

Be sure to agitate quickly. I also alternate between moving the top away from me and toward me.
    You should flip the tank in about 1 second but you don't have to get violent (yeah, you Jason Lane, I've seen your video).
    Here's our video: https://youtu.be/aTrtU0bhArQ