Thread: Hello from Norway

Hello from Norway

Hi,

name is Antonio, from Norway. I registered quite some time ago because I needed to see some pictures of photographic material in posts here found through web search and registration is needed to display pictures...

I did use cheap japanese 35mm compact cameras when a kid in the 80's/90's, and in recent years became fed up with DSLR and really started analog with capable cameras and home development, first with 35mm, then 120 and I shoot a lot of this.
    the Moskva-5 Super-Ikonta implementation made me love the 6x9 format, yet still use 6x6 as main format.
    What I lack sometimes is the possibility to correct perspective and focus plan. That's how I learned about the 6x9 folders technical cameras and I just bought a Horseman 985 that is on its way from Japan.
    6x9 isn't large format, yet the Horseman is technically an LF implementation. And the camera I bought came with the basic 4x5 spring back enlarger, which I will use in order to have a taste of 4x5.
    I don't plan to shoot much in 4x5, or rather if I acquire an addiction it will be with BW, because the price (one sheet of C41 4x5 is roughly the price of a 120 roll).

Best regards,
    Antonio..

Re: Hello from Norway

Well, Antonio, some of us my offer that you would not be accepting second-best by choosing 4x5 B&W, especially processing it yourself. Norway is a beautiful country, though I have seen it only in photos since visiting 61 years ago to visit relatives. My middle name, Storm, from the Trosdal side of the family, carries that legacy.

Whichever you decide, you'll get al the help you need here. And we hope to see some of your work!
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Les

Re: Hello from Norway

Welcome to LF forum.

Les