Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fastest Speed of all 4x5/9x12 Sinar Norma

Re: Fastest Speed of all 4x5/9x12 Sinar Norma

Perhaps later today I will print the test photographs I made yesterday with the 150mm and 300mm lens pairs, the objective being to compare the slightly different viewpoints between the taking and viewing lenses. I'm starting to understand why Sinar designed this unique configuration, it's easy to use once you get the hang of it. I'm glad I have it around.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 8-Apr-2021 at 11:01.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

TLR Norma 150 Comp Bottom Lens 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is the view that you see through the camera with the BOTTOM LENS. One pop at F19.5 Arista #2 8x10 Multigrade developer, dust thanks to Omega glass 4x5 carrier!

TLR Norma 150 Comp Top Lens by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is the view that you see through the camera with the TOP LENS. One pop at F19.5 Arista #2 8x10 Multigrade developer, dust thanks to Omega glass 4x5 carrier!

Test Shots #1 and #2 (nothing artistic!) my new Sinar Fastest Twin Lens camera, equipped with the chrome 150mm Schneider Componons. 9x12cm Fuji HRU XRAY film in original Sinar Norma Film Holders, tray processed 18 minutes in 62F straight replenished Legacy Mic-X film developer. Broncolor C171 375WS Monolight strobe with Pulsoflex Soft Box camera left. A silver fill panel just outside camera range on the right.

As you can see the views are quite similar, of course the top lens has a slightly higher viewpoint. Further fine tuning will be to use identical screen carriers, that will aid in nearly matching precision compositions.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 10-Aug-2023 at 14:02.

― Mark Twain

Twin Lens Norma 300mm Componon Bottom Lens by Nokton48, on Flickr

Switching out to 300mm chrome Componon pair. Like it much! F16 1 pop HRU XRAY 9x12cm Sinar Norma Holder
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 10-Aug-2023 at 14:03.

― Mark Twain

It's getting bigger!

I am worried

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    Twin Lens Norma 300mm Componon Bottom Lens by Nokton48, on Flickr

Switching out to 300mm chrome Componon pair. Like it much! F16 1 pop HRU XRAY 9x12cm Sinar Norma Holder
    Tin Can

LOL

BTW styling courtesy of Rubbermaid and IKEA

― Mark Twain

Quite a difference in perspective with he 150mm.
    Expert in non-working solutions.

Havoc,

That's a fair point. For me something I will get used to?

I want to run with this crazy idea because like the tripod mounted Gowlandflex, this offers through the lens viewing even DURING the exposure. For a second I can see with the big strobe pop I can see the burned image just for a microsecond. If photographing faces I can judge the expression if movement is involved.
    Worst case is I break it apart and make dedicated wide angle and tele cameras out of the pieces. I want to leave this rig up for a good while to start and see what develops I did buy more Norma boards and extra rail clamps and clamping stuff, another Norma shutter to dedicate to this camera, and a Norma ground glass, so both top and bottom screens are identically marked.

Also this is FUN cause I've never used anything like this

― Mark Twain

I mentioned it because I expected it to be less due to the possible movements of the camera being LF. With a TLR you expect it. And in a way if this were just 2 cameras then it would be there as well, even larger because of the physical distance. But somehow I expected that with all the movements offered of LF this could be reduced to a minimum.
    Expert in non-working solutions.

You could also mount the boxes side by side to make 4X5 Stereo

Stereo is still a big club, here is away to align them

https://aaronolsen.github.io/tutoria...n_general.html
    Tin Can

Tuned Up Twin Lens Norma 180 Comps by Nokton48, on Flickr

The rear standard on this Norma pair wobbled on the base rail. I loosed the allen screws and reset the friction on the metal plugs that tighten against the rail. Easy to do and now square and solid. Bought another original Norma screen and marked 6x9 and 9x12 frame marks on all my screens using chartpac tape. Then reinstalled the glass in all screen carriers, adding Norma fresnels. So now identical markings completely on top and bottom focus screens and bright and very even viewing using the two Norma Monoculars with Norma Bag Bellows. It's vital that the base tilt create identical focus planes through both cameras, it is quick and easy to do. I reset after I move anything on the camera. Everything looks sharp on the glass and I'm finishing some basic lens pairs. The Plaubel Peco Profia Camera Stand is the best way to get this beast into the proper position.

Lens Pairs for Twin Lens Norma so far by Nokton48, on Flickr

Like a car in an auto body shop, Norma Lens Boards with dozens of holes in some of them, can be plugged with JBWELD and planed and cleaned, the back side dotted with flat black Krylon aerosol paint. The front of the board gets spotted with Benjamin Moore paint I had color matched with a Norma board in the store. Looks pretty good in my opinion. Schneider Norma Twin lens camera pairs shown here. From upper left: 150mm f5.6 Componons, 210mm f5.6 Componons, 240mm f5.6 Componons. From bottom left: 240mm f4.5 Xenars, 240mm f5.6 Sinar Symmars, 300mm f5.6 Componons.
    This gives me a full range of lenses from 150mm to 300mm with the twin lens camera.

― Mark Twain