Thread: Bogen / Manfrotto tripod parts hint

Bogen / Manfrotto tripod parts hint

I thought I'd pass on my happy experience of this morning.

A small, plastic, locking collar piece of the leg-clamping assembly on my Bogen 3221 had gone missing, which I discovered while mounting some DIY improved-friction feet -- just in time fortunately, since my camera was mounted and had been standing all night!

Checking the web for parts led me to the ManfrottoSpares.com site, which is a third-party supplier. However, all I could find for my model was an assembly of the clamping lever, the long tension screw, the nut, and the collar, for $16 (plus shipping) per set, and the only part I can use is the collar, since the rest are for a different version than mine.

Here's the good news: I sent an email asking about any chance of getting only the locking collar, and received a reply in minutes, with a link to a package of three for $7 and asking if this is what I was looking for. With ebullient thanks to my savior there, I immediately ordered two sets. The supplier is in the UK, so my tripod will be out of commission for a week, but I am one happy man.

Lesson: If the part you want is not listed under the model, even a long-discontinued one such as mine, ask. You might be lucky!

For any interested, the part number for those collar pieces is R055-112.
    Last edited by Ulophot; 4-Mar-2021 at 09:52. Reason: Corrected part number
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Re: Bogen / Manfrotto tripod parts hint

Addendum, from folks over at Photrio:

Spartan Photo Center in SC runs a site, in addition to its own, here:

https://bogentripodparts.com/

If they have what you need, U.S. members will probably save money over shipping from UK.

By the way, I discovered that spike feet are available for the 3021 and 3221 after all. Come in a set of three, slip over the feet, and tighten with a tool. The UK site includes the tool; it may be a standard hex or something; can't tell from the photo. I'll find out when they arrive.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

David Schaller

Re: Bogen / Manfrotto tripod parts hint

I also had a good experience recently with the UK site. I got a package of "grub screws," which screw in underneath the tripod head. Not cheap, but exactly right.