Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twin Lens 4x5 Sinar

Re: Twin Lens 4x5 Sinar

It seems to me, if one's going to do 4x5 portrature, this is ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    It seems to me, if one's going to do 4x5 portrature, this is ideal.
    Yes that is exactly my thought too, Neil I very seldom used movements for 4x5 portraits.

Highest Speed 4x5 Norma 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here's the reverse view. I added another Norma Rubber Hood, Norma Long Bellows Rod, and Norma Filter Holder with 108mm Norma yellow glass disc. So pretty much like it came right out of the Norma brochure which is what I dig. That to me was fun to put together. Sometimes these old things need fixing and I really enjoy working with my hands.

Thanks for the idea Tin Can!
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Tuned Up Twin Lens Norma 180 Comps by Nokton48, on Flickr

The rear standard on this Norma pair wobbled on the base rail. Following Philip's guide, I loosened the allen screws and reset the friction on the metal plugs that tighten against the rail. Easy to do and now square and solid. Bought another original Norma screen and marked 6x9 and 9x12 frame marks on all my screens using chartpac tape. Then reinstalled the glass in all screen carriers, adding Norma fresnels. So now identical markings completely on top and bottom focus screens and bright and very even viewing using the two Norma Monoculars with Norma Bag Bellows. It's vital that the base tilt create identical focus planes through both cameras, it is quick and easy to do. I reset the rear or front base tilt every time I move the camera. Everything looks sharp and good on the glass and I'm finishing some basic lens pairs. The Plaubel Peco Profia Camera Stand is the best way to get this beast into the proper position.

Lens Pairs for Twin Lens Norma so far by Nokton48, on Flickr

Like a car in an auto body shop, Norma Lens Boards with dozens of holes in some of them, can be plugged with JBWELD and planed and cleaned, the back side dotted with flat black Krylon aerosol paint. The front of the board gets spotted with Benjamin Moore paint I had color matched with a Norma board in the store. Looks pretty good in my opinion. Schneider Norma Twin lens camera pairs shown here. From upper left: 150mm f5.6 Componons, 210mm f5.6 Componons, 240mm f5.6 Componons. From bottom left: 180mm f4.5 Xenars, 240mm f5.6 Sinar Symmars, 300mm f5.6 Componons. This gives me a full range of lenses from 150mm to 300mm with the twin lens camera.

I need more Norma Pan Tilt heads, so I bought one of the Luland units to try. If it works well I will dedicate it to this camera, I'm also dedicating a generic aluminum double tripod plate, that my clockmaker friend made for me decades ago. https://www.ebay.com/itm/18306877369...53.m2749.l2649
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 9-May-2021 at 10:47.

― Mark Twain

DSC02697 (2) by Nokton48, on Flickr

250mm Imagon matching pair (one barrel one in lower spot, and compound shutter top taking lens in top), mounted matched pair, barrel lens presently attached with blue painter's masking tape, needs flange attached with micro hobby modeling brass screws. Mini drill press makes lots of holes quick and precise. This will take about an hour to finish including painting. Next project is same exact deal set up, but with matching 200mm Imagon pair, for all lenses I prefer the H5.8 discs but with the petals fully closed.

I'd like to have additional supplemental aperture discs printed. I've seen this very thing done with old 4x5 plastic dark slides laser cut. A set of standards " Imagon Waterhouse Stops" cut from old plastic darkslides for each Imagon would be the final goal

The top lens is forward mounted in original Norma board so that the front and rear standards are automated Norma cables so super fast. When you insert a holder it closes the shutter, and just that fast you can pop it. And of course I see the "pop" through the taking lens for an instant. No chimping required and just like with a baby 6x6 TLR

― Mark Twain