Thread: Greetings everyone

Greetings everyone

Hello everyone I am getting into large format photography starting with 4X5 and hopefully soon work my up to 8X10. I’m here to get advice gain knowledge and hopefully get some new gear. I am glad to be part of this community and I think there is lot of things to learn so came here to join this beautiful community.

Thanks

Re: Greetings everyone

Welcome!

Thanks for introducing yourself, and welcome. You will find a rich trove of knowledge to help you as you begin your journey in addition to the extensive info on the home page. Have you been photographing in other film formats before? Will you be processing your own work?
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Thanks!

I have primarily done medium format in 645, 6X7, 6X9 and 35mm for the past 4 years. I was always interested in large format but thought it was a bit intimidating to do. But after I picked up a nikkor w 210mm lens at a garage sale last year I figured nows a good time to get into the field. I hope to process my own work but at the moment I’m no where near a dark room or lab that’ll help me and it’s been a while since I’ve done my own development.