Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stacking multiple Mod54 or 20th Century Camera 4x5 inserts in a single Paterson tank?

Re: Stacking multiple Mod54 or 20th Century Camera 4x5 inserts in a single Paterson t

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Key View Post
    You could do this if you had a darkroom and two or more tanks. Just load the reels as normal into one tank and fill the other with developer. Turn off the lights and transfer the reels from the empty to the full tank - that cuts out the fill time. Fill the other tank with stop or water, then repeat the process to cut out the drain time. So in effect you have a home made dip and dunk line.
    Equally cool - thank you for the idea! I really wish that I had a room that could dedicated to processing and contact printing - I would be trying these great suggestions out later this evening.

Thanks.

Re: Stacking multiple Mod54 or 20th Century Camera 4x5 inserts in a single Paterson t

it is.a good idea to combine 2 reels in a paterson 8. it takes 14 seconds to fill and empty. i like it and do it regularly. you need only 2.5 liter. i have dev times of 7-9 minutes in hc110 h. the sheets are much better developed as with hangers. using hangers to develop fomapan in rodinal causes uneven development. so i am glad there is a way to invert the tank. - i would not do deep tank development with the mod54, as described above, because you risk to lose your sheets. they fall from the reel. that is what i experienced. otherwise the jobo reel allows.such things.but you will need 5 paterson 8 tanks to do this. presoak, dev, stop, fix, washing. sewer pipes, 50cm, are less expensive. they allow you to develop even more sheets.