Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darkroom timers, and then there was FADU

Re: Darkroom timers, and then there was FADU

Sorry for my comment, not really

but if the picture is always upside down

these dang computers should stay out of Darkrooms

I am also guilty as I use two 555 Timers for gas burst processing

Quote Originally Posted by Kodak View Post
    I did not reprogram the Sonoff, just put it in DIY mode and added it to my Wi-Fi network with the procedure in the PDF.
    For programming my Sonoff R3 you don't need a USB connection but can reprogram it over Wi-Fi.
    Also in this device there is no connector for this USB device, just the holes in the PDB.
    For now I first will see if it causes delays without reprogramming otherwise of course I will follow that path.

Here a pic of the tablet with my enlarger. The Sonoff is not visible on the picture.
    Attachment 213705

Strange the picture is upside down. Also when rotated 180 degrees it still stays upside down.
    Tin Can

Hi, I got my Sonoff Basic R3, have a darkroom dedicated Android to be used as a timer with the FADU enlarger app, I manage zu connect to the Sonoff to turn on a lamp by using the eweLing app, BUT the FADU app doesn't connect with the Sonnoff.

Is there anyone around who can help my solve this problem?

Thomas

This has been clipped from: https://github.com/filmanddarkroom/FADU_Timer

03-Mar-2021: Version 1.5.0 released

1.5.0 released to the google play store 2 days ago, but google is taking forever to approve.

In the meantime, the .APK .AIA and updated documentation are here in the master branch.

(1) Can now use a Sonoff BASIC R3 (or MINI) version in DIY mode. Select [BASIC R3]. This removes the need to reprogram the device's firmware but the lamp control signals go through your local router, introducing small random delays. See the manual for details.

(2) Same as (1) but using DIY mode's 'Inching' API to avoid router-inflicted network delays. Select [Pulse R3]. The Sonoff API requires all times be rounded to the nearest 0.5s but see the manual where this is shown to be not a major problem in practice.

I got the LC tech because it worked out of the box. The R3 looks like it needs to be connected to a router, along with the mobile device running FADU.