Thread: Need PayPal Help!!

Need PayPal Help!!

Cannot sign in to my account. My password is correct but the phone number listed to receive texts is my landline, and when I try to change this to my cell, it then says that "we do not accept this type of phone."

Further digging revealed that I should try clearing my browser history and cache, which I did (took over half hour) - and...nothing has changed! Plus, nobody at PayPal is picking up the phone (pre-recorded message keeps saying "we cannot help you by phone with your problem")...nor can I send an email without signing in...aaarrrggghhh!!!

Anybody have any ideas?

Re: Need PayPal Help!!

This is a long shot but... Recently I was trying to sign up for the Covid-19 vaccine. Had to type my phone number and did as 123-456-7899. Got the message back that the phone number was not acceptable, but no reason as to why it was not acceptable. After several futile attempts I typed the phone number in as 1234567899 and the phone number was accepted.

Yup...tried that also - but the numbers were then separated automatically into the appropriate groups.

Give PayPal a call; I have the phone number as 888-221-1161. Is that the same number that you tried?

Also, there's the following link . . .

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us

Thanks...I tried calling several times - only to be told that "your problem cannot be solved by phone."

But many thanks for the link. A but busy right now - but will try it out tomorrow.

I think your woes are possibly related to using an old browser, do you have access to a computer
    or smart phone that has the latest and greatest OS and browser installed ?

If so you should try on those devices, a lot commerce sites seem to be enabling something security related
    or just updating code that kills any functionality in older browses, the site may or may not render properly or
    you may not be able to log in. I had to buy a new computer with the latest and greatest just to be able to pay bills online.

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

You must use only private account of paypal. the business version doesnt have two-way-authentification. use google authentificator it doesnt need wlan. microsoft one needs it.(yes that doesnt help you now). the reason is criminals can be stopped quicker when no 2-way authent.
    sometimes changing browser could help your problem.
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch