Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chamonix accessories

Re: Chamonix accessories

Maybe use the Chamonix hood with a pair of 4X reading glasses? Not a magnification typically available at the local pharmacy...but I ordered mine through an optician for twelve dollars.

But yes...its nice to be able to move one's head around when evaluating wide angle focus - and for this I find an inverted black T-shirt to work great. Will upgrade soon...with a white T-shirt sewn on as the outer (reflective) layer - and a drawstring sewn around the large end - to hold it to the camera then release it to insert a holder and take a photo, and an elastic strap to help secure it to my head and keep it from admitting light around my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Klein View Post
    The other problem is with both, you can't use a loupe.
    I think it might be possible to use the Chamonix "Artisan" loupe together with the CVF45FC Viewfinder 4x5" - carbon.
    Can anyone confirm that?

I can't confirm it absolutely, no-- I have the viewfinder, but not their loupe. However, any loupe 4 inches or longer will work pretty well. Note that since the loupe is round instead of square, checking the edges and corners can be a bit tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by grat View Post
    However, any loupe 4 inches or longer will work pretty well.
    That loupe is 3,94 inches (10cm) and with the “diopter adjustment spacer” it is 4,1 inches long.

Before I ordered a 4x5 folding viewer for my Chamonix camera, I made a black cardboard mockup of one. After using it a few times, opted for a Chamonix reflex finder. Subjectively for me its either a dark cloth or the reflex finder. To each their own....